All of the F3HP's electronic components are integrated onto a single flexible printed circuit board to provide the correct exposure in any picture-taking situation.
* Highly Center-Weighted metering (80/20 balance)
* TTL (through-the-lens) flash control
* Standard DE-3 high-eyepoint viewfinder system with virtual 100% coverage
* LCD exposure information readout in viewfinder
* Manual focus. Top shutter speed 1/2000 sec. Flash sync up to 1/80 sec.
* Aperture-Priority automatic exposure mode and manual exposure
* Exposure memory lock button for off-center compositions
* Exposure compensation dial
* Multiple exposure lever
* irror lockup lever
* Depth-of-field preview button
* Self-timer with LED indicator
Nikon F lens mount means the F3HP uses all AI-S lenses, AF Nikkor lenses, AI and non-AI lenses.