* Manual focus.
* TTL metering, manual metering and aperture priority AE.
* SPD (silicon photodiode) metering cell.
* Center weighted metering pattern.
* Match needle meter display in VF.
* AE compensation +/- 2 stops
* Hot shoe and PC sync terminal (FP and X).
* Vertical moving, metal blade Seiko MF focal plane shutter.
* Shutter speed range: 8 sec - 1/1000 plus B.
* Stepless electronically controlled speeds in AE mode. * Flash sync at 1/125.
* Mechanical shutter speeds: B, 1/125.
* Self timer.
* ISO film speed range: 8-6400, set manually.
* Manual film advance and rewind.
* Mirror lock-up. ?? Interchangeable focusing screens. (factory only).
* DOF preview.
* Mechanical cable release socket.
Viewfinder image: 95% Battery check. Shutter speed info visible in VF. Recommended flash: Auto Robo - Pentax K2DMD (Data Motor Drive): Produced simultaneously with the K2 until 1980. Similar to the K2 except for the addition of: Use of Motor Drive MD and Data Back MD. F/stop info and exposure compensation warning visible in VF, Eyepiece blind, low battery warning and AE lock.
Split image focusing screen. Interchangeable back. Mirror lock-up feature also activates "extended Photo Memory" which holds exposure settings from just before the mirror goes up, and holds it for 10 minutes. Motor Drive MD has remote control socket for 3 or 10 meter Cable Switch M. Optional Battery Grip M uses 12 AA batteries (motor drive). Optional Nicad Pack M. (motor drive).