Updated and redesigned version of the earlier P3. Same basic features as P3 except: Aperture Priority AE added, redesigned front panel, hinged body grip rather than screw-on.
* Metering modes: Manual, Aperture Priority AE and Program AE.
* GPD metering cell.
* Program auto-flash is not TTL.
* Centerweighted metering pattern.
* LED metering display.
* AE Lock.
* Dedicated hot shoe.
* Electronically controlled, vertical moving metal blade shutter by Seiko (MFC-E7).
* Shutter speed range 1 sec - 1/1000 plus B and 1/100x.
* Stepless shutter speeds in AE modes.
* Flash sync at 1/100.
* Self timer.
* ISO/ASA film speed range: 25-1600, auto DX setting only.
* Manual film advance and rewind.
* Body grip.
* DOF preview in manual mode.
VF info includes:
shutter speed, metering function, flash ready signal.
Recommended flash: AF series dedicated flash A and P series cameras should be used with SMC Pentax A lenses (KA mount) modified with electrical contacts for full body/lens communication in new Program and Shutter priority AE metering modes.
K mount (SMC-M) lenses can be used, but only in Manual or Aperture Priority AE modes. Actually introduced with, and will accept KAF lenses (SMC-F); however, autofocus not possible.