* Manual metering only, flash sync at 1/60.
* Batteries operate meter only, all shutter speeds are mechanical.
* Horizontal moving rubberized silk shutter blades.
* Window at base of prism allows for direct VF view of set aperture.
* Manual focus.
* TTL metering, manual metering only.
* Center weighted metering pattern.
* Match needle meter display in VF.
* Hot shoe and PC sync terminal (FP and X)
* Shutter speed range: 1 sec - 1/1000 plus B
* Flash sync at 1/60.
* Self timer
* ISO film speed range: 8-6400, set manually.
* Manual film advance and rewind.
* Mirror lock-up.
* ?? Interchangeable focusing screens. (factory only)
* DOF preview.
* Mechanical cable release socket.
* Viewfinder image: 93%
* Aperture and shutter speed info visible in VF.
* Recommended flash: Auto Robo
* Shutter button lock.
* SPD metering cells (as in K2).
KX Motor Drive Camera, Special version: According to some literature there was a special version of the KX made to accept a databack and with the base modified to accept a motor or winder. One source suggests this motor-capable body never hit the market, at least not in great quantities. Another reliable source says the camera never had a motordrive or winder option. Some Pentax literature shows the KX Motor Drive camera with the same motor system that will also fit the ESII and Spotmatic F. Three different sources, three different sets of facts. However, KEH records indicate that it has had the KX and motor drive in stock in the past.