New compact body design. - Databack, motordrive and autowinder capable. - One of the last fully mechanical cameras ever made. New type of metering cell: Gallium Photo Diode (GPD).
* Manual focus
* TTL metering, manual metering only, GPD metering cells
* Center weighted metering pattern
* LED metering display in VF
* Hot shoe and PC sync terminal (FP & X)
* Shutter speed range: 1 sec - 1/1000 plus B
* Horizontal moving, fabric shutter
* Batteries operate meter only, all shutter speeds are mechanical
* Flash sync at 1/60
* Self timer
* ISO film speed range: 25-1600, set manually
* Manual film advance and rewind
* Interchangeable focusing screens, need special tweezers
* DOF preview
* Mechanical cable release socket
* Shutter speed and aperture info visible in VF
* The word Asahi engraved on prism housing.
Turn meter on by pulling advance lever away from body or by pressing shutter release button half way. Meter auto turn-off after several seconds or by returning advance lever to flush position.
Optional accessories include: - Dial Data MX - Bulk Film Magazine MX - Winder MX (2 fps) - Motor Drive MX (5 fps). Uses: 2-MS76 batteries.