Pentax KAF bayonet lens mount. (SMC-F), K- and KA- mount lenses are usable with loss of autofocus and certain metering functions. Very similar to SF1, simplified and updated, with no Servo AF mode, only one Program AE mode.
* Auto focus with manual override, AF lock.
* AF Single shot and continuous shooting modes.
* Focus assist beam for low light photography.
* Metering modes: Manual, Program AE, Shutter and Aperture Priority AE, Program Auto Flash, and TTL Auto Flash AE.
* Normal Program AE mode includes Auto Shift to Wide, Normal or Tele depending of focal length of lens in use.
* Centerweighted metering pattern.
* LED metering display.
* Exposure compensation and AE lock.
* Built-in auto flash, GN 12 (m), 35mm lens coverage.
* Dedicated hot shoe, no PC sync terminal.
* Shutter speed range: 30 sec - 1/2000 (in Auto modes).
* Manually set shutter speed range: 1 sec - 1/2000 plus B.
* High flash sync: 1/100
* Second curtain sync possible with AF400FTZ and AF240FT flash.
* Self timer.
* ISO/ASA film speed range: 25-5000 Auto DX setting only.
* Motorized film advance (single or consecutive, up to 2 fps) and rewind.
* Removable back.
* Body grip.
* Electronic cable release socket for use with opt Cable Switch F.
* Top data panel (on prism housing)
* Optional backs: Interval Data Back F, Data Back FB. * Dedicated flash for TTL AE: AF400FTZ, AF240FT, AF400T, AF280T, AF200T, AF080C.
* Optional: Battery Grip SF1 (4-AA).
* Other optional accessories include: Remote Battery Pack F/Terminal Grip F, Cable Switch F, IR Remote Release Cord F, and Hot Shoe Adapter F for off camera use with 5p Sync Cord.
Uses 1 2CR5 battery