Wednesday, October 06, 2010
No matter who you are or where you are, you can participate in artist Beth Lilly’s project “The Oracle @ WiFi”. A highly acclaimed, interactive, cell phone performance art project that will occur on October 7th, 2010.
What’s the project about?
Artist Beth Lilly wanted to involve individuals directly and make photographs specifically for them. She also loves to play with random chance in the creation of art. She put the two together and came up with a photography project that uses her cell phone camera to pair your questions with images created randomly for you as an answer. You can think of it as cell phone divination, yes, telling your fortune. But remember, this is not a psychic hot line – it’s performance art.
How To Join In:
* Think of a sincere question about your life, the world, other people
* Call Beth’s cell phone at 404-805-5431 on Oct 7th from 8am – 7pm
* Keep your question a secret!
* Wherever she is when she takes your call (that’s the random part) she will make three images starting right there, just for you.
* After she emails the images to you, you just need to reply back and reveal your question.
* After the question is paired with the images, artist and caller speculate on the meaning of the images as they relate to the question.
Results are often humorous, scathing, haunting and sometimes even profound.
A sample of past “readings” can be found at bethlilly.com as well as all that were created from the last Oracle event.
Cell Phone Number: 404-805-5431
Date: Thursday October 7th
Time: 8am – 7pm
Editors note: I have personally participated in one of theses "readings" before, and it was a lot fun. I will let you know that the phone line will probably be busy most of the day and if you really want to participate, you'll have to stick with it and keep calling back.
Thursday, October 07, 2010
The date 10/10/10 is quickly approaching as this coming Sunday marks the day where the month, day, and year all match. There's a few photography and video projects that are happening on this day, and are open for anyone to participate.
* 10/10/10, A most auspicious day
- a photography project where each participant will take and share one photo (via Flickr) from this day. Read more about the project here
, and join the Flickr group pool here
* One Day On Earth
- Help document the world's story through a video project where each participant documents their day, a 24-hour period, on 10/10/10, and then shares it. Read more about it here
Friday, October 15, 2010
Today is Blog Action Day
! "Blog Action Day is an annual event that unites the world's bloggers in posting about the same issue on the same day. Our aim is to raise awareness and trigger a global discussion around an important issue that impacts us all."
The theme for 2010 is water. We figured it was a great time to offer a few simple and quick tips on taking photographs of water...
* For soft waterfall or rapid shots, put your camera on a tripod and use a long exposure. This will make the still areas in the shot not blurry from movement during a long exposure, and will give the moving water a time-lapse feel.
* To freeze moving water, such as close-up water drops, use a fast shutter speed and a flash. (How-to here)
* To capture details under the water (when standing above), use a polarizing filter
. The filter will reduce or eliminate reflections on the surface.
For more information on Blog Action Day 2010 and on their efforts to bring clean and safe water to millions worldwide, check out the website here
Thursday, February 16, 2012
We are hosting an in-house buying event on February 23rd, 24th, and 25th at our Smyrna, GA location. You can bring your unwanted, used photographic gear to either sell or trade. You can choose to get a check on the spot, or receive a 10% trade-in bonus and receive your trade-in order while waiting, or choose a gift certificate to shop at a later date.
We are currently paying top dollar for digital photography equipment including bodies, lenses, and major accessories (we're sorry, but we are not currently purchasing lighting, darkroom equipment, or point and shoot film cameras at this time).
KEH Camera does not have a retail showroom and does not typically have same-day trade-in options. This is a special event where you will receive quick turn around on selling or trading services. During the 3-day event, we are also
offering on-the-spot sensor cleanings from our repair department for $20 (regularly $45). Be sure to bring a valid I.D., and preview the inventory of available stock online if you wish to make a trade- www.keh.com
Event Hours: Thursday, February 23rd- Saturday 25th, 10 AM – 4 PM
Location: 4900 Highlands Parkway SE Smyrna, GA 30082
Hope to see you there!
Monday, June 25, 2012
We are hosting an in-house buying event on June 28th,29th, and 30that our Smyrna, GA location. You can bring your unwanted, used photographic gear to either sell or trade and choose to get a check on the spot, or receive your trade-in order while waiting!
KEH is currently paying top dollar for digital photography equipment including bodies, lenses, and major accessories. (We're sorry, but we are not currently purchasing lighting, darkroom equipment, or point & shoot film cameras at this time.)
Be sure to bring a valid I.D., and preview the inventory of available stock online if you wish to make a trade- www.keh.com.
KEH Camera does not have a retail showroom and does not typically have same-day trade-in options. This is a special event where you will receive quick turn around on selling or trading services.
Event Hours: Thursday, June 28th- Saturday 30th, 10:00 AM- 4:00 PM
Location:4900 Highlands Parkway SE Smyrna, GA 30082
We hope to see you there!
P.S.- To get a quote ahead of time, please give us a call at 770-333-4220 or 800-342-5534, or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org