If you are searching for the perfect telephoto zoom lens, look no further than the 100-400mm f/4.5-5.6L IS II USM lens. This lens offers both a flourite element and a super Ultra Low Dispersion element to help correct chromatic aberrations in the entire zoom range. The lens offers a high degree of sharpness, clarity, and color accuracy, and the lens elements have Air Sphere Coating (ASC) which reduces backlight flaring or ghosting. The rotation-type zoom ring offers the user more precise composition and excellent balance if it is hand-held. The improved zoom torque adjustment also allows for easy setting of zoom tension, and the 9-bladed circular aperture helps to create beautiful, soft backgrounds.
Users looking for similar capabilities at a lower price may also want to consider the original EF 100-400mm F/4.5-5.6 L IS USM.
- Compact, high performance L-series super-telephoto zoom
- Ideal for sports and wildlife photography
- Delivers high-quality images with high resolution & contrast.
- Fluorite element and Super UD element correction for chromatic aberration through entire zoom range
- New Air Sphere Coating (ASC) helps to significantly reduce backlit flaring and ghosting
- Optical Image Stabilizer provides up to four shutter speed steps of correction
- Three image stabilization modes (standard, panning, and during exposure only) provide outstanding results for a wide range of shooting situations
- A high-speed CPU, inner-focusing design, ring-type Ultrasonic Motor, and optimized AF algorithms provide fast accurate AF
- Minimum focusing distance of .98m (3.2ft) with 0.31x maximum magnification
- Rotation-type zoom ring
- Improved zoom torque adjustment ring allows easy setting of zoom tension
- Resistant to dust and moisture
- Circular aperture (9 blades) helps deliver beautiful, soft backgrounds
- Fluorine coating on front and rear lens surfaces helps reduce smears and fingerprints
- Lens hood with side window permits specialty filters to be adjusted with hood in place
- Newly designed tripod mount can be attached or detached without removing the lens from the camera
Available accessories include the Lens Hood ET-83D, Lens Case LZ1326, Extension Tube EF 12 II, Extension Tube EF 25 II, 77mm Close-Up Lens 500D, and 77mm filters.