Canon VT Deluxe-Z Chrome 35mm Rangefinder Camera Body Description
For twenty years since the Hansa Canon, film-loading was through the camera bottom (like old Leicas). The VT was Canon's first camera to have a camera back which swung open for film loading. Since it was the successor to the IV-series, the designation included a "V." However, it had a totally new concept with a built-in self-timer, a different three-mode viewfinder, and a winding trigger. The viewfinder magnification could be set to suit a wide-angle 35mm lens. The half-mirror prism had a highly-reflective gold finish, making the viewfinder 2.5 times brighter than before. The film advanced with a fast-winding trigger at the camera bottom instead of a knob on top. This set it apart from the other cameras. The "T" in "VT" was for "Trigger."
- Model: VT
- Body Type: Rangefinder
- Material: Metal, chome color, leather
- Viewfinder Frames: Coincidence rangefinder integrated with reversed Galilean viewfinder rotatable to set one of three magnifications. 0.4x magnification for 35mm lens and effective base line of 17.2 mm. 0.72x magnification for 50mm lens and effective base line of 31 mm. 1.4x magnification at RF position for focusing with base line of 60 mm. Accessory shoe's parallax correction pin coupled to lens draw to adjust accessory finder.
- Preview: No
- Compatible Lenses: 39mm screwmount
- Shutter Speeds: Two-axis, horizontal-travel focal-plane shutter with cloth curtains. Single-axis rotating dial for T, 1, 1/2, 1/4, 1/8, and 1/15 sec., and single-axis rotating dial (with index) for X, B, 1/30, 1/60, 1/125, 1/250, 1/500, and 1/1000 sec. Equipped with built-in self-timer and shutter safety lock.
- Flash Sync: FP-, M-F, and X-sync (1/50 sec. sync speed).
- Flash Connection Type: Bayonet terminal on camera side provided.
- Film Advance: After opening camera back, insertion onto spool. Advances with camera-bottom trigger (single stroke). Rotating knob also provided.
- Motor Capable: No
- Meter: None
- Dimension: 5.66 x 3.18 x 1.42 inches
- Weight: 28.74 oz (with 50mm f1.8 lens)
- Years Produced: 1956 -
- Battery: None
- Country of Origin: Japan
|Lens Mount||Canon S|