Nikon 1 V3 The V3 is the ultimate camera in the Nikon 1 system of 1" sensor mirrorless interchangeable lens cameras. It's a very neat, versatile camera with highly responsive action shooting capabilities perfect for actively photographing life on the go.The V3 is a more modular design than prior V models; an EVF is not built-in and the camera conceals a small pop-up flash to keep the profile ultra-compact, more akin to the J & S models. A removable DF-N1000 EVF (Electronic ViewFinder) and dedicated GR-N1010 ergonomic handgrip are available to provide handling more a V2 when needed. In addition to it's more multi-purpose form factor the V3 features numerous other upgrades including an 18 Megapixel CMOS with increased sensitivity, 1080p60 video capture, a microphone port, Wi-Fi connectivity, and a tilting touchscreen. The V3 is notable for it's ability to shoot full resolution still image bursts at 60fps, 40fps, 20fps, or 10fps (frames per second). Keeping focused at the V3's blazing fast shooting speeds can be a serious challenge but the V3 employs a Hybrid AutoFocus system to keep up with action. The V3's Hybrid AF uses 105 Phase Detection and 171 Contrast Detection AF areas that work together to allow continuous AF tracking at shooting speeds up to 20fps.
The V3 was originally introduced in early 2014 as the replacement for the Nikon V2.Key Features
- Capture the decisive moment with continuous shooting speeds that surpass even DSLR's. Shoot up to 20 fps with full AF and up to 60 fps with AF fixed on the first frame.
- 18.4 MP CX-format CMOS sensor and EXPEED 4A image processor allow for beautifully detailed images, even in low light.
- Modular DF-N1000 EVF and GR-N1010 Grip give versatility for any shooting situation and provide more DSLR-style control to the camera.
- FT-1 compatibility allows DSLR users to use their F-mount Nikkor lenses and take advantage of the 2.7x crop factor of the CX-format sensor, giving extra reach for telephoto shots.
- Built-in Wi-Fi allows sharing of images and videos easily via a compatible tablet or smartphone.
- Capture more than stills with Full HD 1080/60p video with the ability to capture slow motion footage at 120 fps and play it back at 720p.
- Part of the Nikon 1 system, the Nikon 1 V3 works with 11 1 Nikkor lenses as well as the SB-N5 and SB-N7 Speedlights, LD-1000 Movie Light, and ME-1 Stereo Microphone.
- Unleash your creativity with Creative Mode, featuring Easy Panorama, Selective Color, Miniature Effect, Toy Camera, Cross Process, and Creative Palette. For video shooters, Fast Motion and Jump Cut allow you to get creative with your recordings.
- Make capturing fast action easy using Slow View. Simply view a fast sequence in slow motion on the LCD and fully press the shutter at the right timing. For beginners, Live Image Control helps you adjust aperture and shutter speed intuitively so you can get more professional looking results.
- Compact and lightweight, the Nikon 1 V3 can be taken everywhere and easily fits into a camera bag or even a large pocket so that you can round out your kit with the exceptional speed of the Nikon 1 V3.
1 Nikkor 10-30mm f/3.5-5.6 VR PD-ZOOM The 1 NIKKOR VR 10-30mm f/3.5-5.6 PD is a superbly portable 27-81mm equivalent lens that takes great images. The 10-30mm PD is noticeably shorter and more compact than Nikon's previous 10-30mm model thanks in part to simplified external controls. The quiet PD (Power-Drive) Zoom arrangement not only saves space but it also allows the lens to smoothly zoom while shooting video. Other convenient features include a motorized internal focus system and a built-in lens cover.
- Ultra compact multipurpose & multimedia lens for the Nikon 1 System
- PD (Power Drive) Zoom
- Smooth quiet zooming action is perfect for shooting video
- VR (Vibration Reduction) image stabilization reduces loss of sharpness caused by camera and lens shake
- 27-81mm equivalent 35mm focal length
- Motorized Internal focus
- 9 elements in 7 groups
- 1 ED (Extra-low Dispersion) glass element
- 4 Aspherical elements
- Close focuses down to just .2m (.7ft)
- Built-in lens cover
Note: As of July 2018 Nikon has discontinued production of the Nikon 1 system.