Pentax K-5 Digital SLR Camrera The Pentax K-5 is a weather resistant K-mount DLSR with a sensor shifting Shake Reduction system coupled to it's high quality APS-C sized CMOS. Since the K-5 uses K-Mount lenses it provides easy access to a huge variety of unique and vintage optics, and the in body Image Stabilization helps preserve sharpness with any lens.
The Pentax K-5 delivers high-resolution, low-noise, true to life image reproduction with the CMOS sensor coupled with the Prime II Imaging Processor. The K-5 has a wide sensitivity range up to ISO 12,800 (expandable to 51,200) and has stunning noise management. The K-5 makes it easy to line up shots with it's bright pentaprism, 11 point SAFOX IX+ phase detection AF system, live view shooting, and three different grid patterns that assist image composition. When you press the shutter release the K-5 doesn't disappoint with it's 16.3-megapixel CMOS sensor, 7fps continuous shooting, Full HD recording at 25fps, and great options for adding visual effects during shooting. A durable magnesium alloy body and 77 seals protect the K-5's components while they render remarkable images.
The K-5 was originally introduced in 2010 as the effective replacement for the similarly constructed Pentax K-7. In 2012 Pentax released the K-5 II (a nearly identical model aside from new LCD screen and a faster AF sensor) and the K-5 IIS (identical to the K-5II except no low pass filter so it captures more fine detail).
Go ahead and feed your photography obsession with the PENTAX K-5. For you, capturing that great shot isn't a casual interest. It's a part of your life. One spectacular image after another. This camera is the perfect piece of equipment to help you get your photo fix. With the compact, rugged K-5, the world is truly your studio.
- Uses Pentax K-Mount lenses (KAF2 connections: AF coupler, lens information contacts, power contacts)
- 16MP (4928x3264) APS-C (23.7?15.7mm) CMOS sensor
- In-body SR (Shake Reduction) mechanism
- Dust Reduction System
- ISOs up to 51,200
- 77-segment multi-pattern metering
- Phase detection AutoFocus system with 11 AF Points (9 Cross-Type points)
- LiveView with Phase Matching AF, Contrast AF, and Face Recognition AF modes
- Continous shooting at up to 7fps (frames per second)
- High-quality glass pentaprism
- Interchangeable groundglass focusing screens
- Intuitive controls & menus, dual exposure dials
- Digital level
- Automatic horizon correction up to ±2°
- 5 Custom User exposure modes
- HDR (High Dynamic Range) mode
- Full HD 1080p25 video capture, built-in mono mic
- Big 3inch LCD Monitor (921,000 dots)
- P-TTL hotshoe and auto-up built-in flash
- SD/SDHC/SDXC* Memory Card Slot
- Stereo microphone input, HDMI, and USB 2.0 connections
- DNG RAW file format
- Compact and weather sealed body, great fit and finish
Available accessories include: O-ME53 Magnifier Eyecup, D-BG4 Vertical Battery Grip, spare D-LI90 Rechargeable Li-Ion Batteries, Pentax AF540FGZ Flash, AF360FGZ Flash, AF160FC Dedicated Auto Macro Flash, CS-205 Cable Switch, replacement MF-60 Focusing Screen, ML-60 AF Cross-Lined Matte Focusing Screen, MI-60 AF Scale Matte Focusing Screen, KE-60 All-Surface Matte Focusing Screen, O-GPS1 GPS Unit, O-RC1 Waterproof Remote Control.
* Firmware V1.13 or later recommended for SDXC usage.
Pentax 18-55mm F/3.5-5.6 DA AL WR The 18-55mm was specially designed for Pentax DSLR cameras. As a WR (Weather Resistant) design it's ready to take on real world shooting conditions. In addition to advanced anti-reflective optical coatings the DA 18-55mm F/3.5-5.6 AL WR features Pentax's SP (Super Protect) coating which repels dust and moisture. The lens construction is comprised of 11 elements in eight groups, uses a six bladed diaphragm, and has a 9.84" minimum focusing distance.