The K-50 is an mid-level DSLR from Pentax that provides access to an enormous range of exceptional K-Mount optics along with advanced functionality. The K-50 has high imaging prowess and comes clad in an extensive assortment of eye catching colors sure to please artists and non-conformists. The beautiful exterior options are not just uniquely attractive or merely whimsical, they're a practical way to capture attention and encourage smiles. The K-50 is an ideal camera for those who want to capture life with vibrant fidelity.
The K-50 is a very approachable, easy to use camera with great ergonomics. It features several amenities found on top DSLRs including: weather sealing, dual control dials, fast continuous shooting at six frames per second, ISOs up to 51,200, a glass pentaprism, 100% finder coverage, in-body shake reduction, an advanced Phase Detection autofocus system with 9 Cross Type sensors, and interchangeable focusing screens. The K-50 also has very intuitive menus, customizable modes, in-camera creative filters, and an HDR mode.
The K-50 was initially introduced in mid 2013 as the replacement for the Pentax K-30 model. The K-50 offers improved sensitivity and Eye-Fi Wi-Fi SD card compatibility. 120 K-50 color combinations have been available. A sucessor the Pentax K-70 was introduced in 2016 with a swivel screen.Pair it up with the well made line of Pentax WR (Weather Resistant) lenses and the K-50 becomes a trustworthy tool for camping and outdoor photography. With a huge range of outstanding lens options the K-50 is an tremendous value for everyday and family photographers too.
- Uses Pentax K-Mount lenses*
- 16MP APS-C (23.7?15.7mm) CMOS sensor
- In-body SR (Shake Reduction) mechanism
- Dust Reduction System
- ISOs up to 51,200
- 77-segment multi-pattern metering
- Phase detection AutoFocus system with 11 AF Points (9 Cross-Type points)
- Continous shooting at up to 6fps (frames per second)
- High-quality glass pentaprism
- Interchangeable groundglass focusing screens
- Intuitive controls & menus, dual exposure dials
- Digital level
- Automatic horizon correction up to ±1.5°
- 19 pre-programmed Scene Modes for easy shooting
- 2 Custom User exposure modes
- User customizable menu colors
- HDR (High Dynamic Range) mode
- 1080p30 and 720p60 video capture, built-in mono mic
- Big 3inch LCD Monitor (921,000 dots)
- P-TTL hotshoe and auto-up built-in flash
- SDXC Memory Card Slot (Eye-Fi & Flucard compatible)
- DNG RAW file format
- Can be powered by AA batteries via D -BH109 Holder
- Compact and weather sealed body, great fit and finish
Available accessories include: AF200FG Flash, O-RC1 Waterproof Remote Control, Remote Control F, D -BH109 A Battery Holder, D-LI109 Battery, D-BC109 Battery Charger, S-SW138 Hot Shoe Cover, O-ME53 Magnifier Eyecup, MI-60 AF Scale Matte screen, ML-60 AF Cross-Lined Matte, ME-60 All-Surface Matte screen, O-CC84 Case, O-GPS1 GPS Unit, K-AC128J AC Adapter Kit, K-Mount lenses, spare caps.
*Full functionality with KAF3, KAF2 (power zoom is not compatible), KAF, and KA mount lenses. Original K-Mount lenses (without electronic communication contacts) require stop-down metering. Camera does not support electromagnetic aperture actuation required by KAF4 Mount lenses.