Pentax K bayonet lens mount. Replaced the ME; similar to it except the ME Super has: push button shutter speed selection and manual metering, higher shutter speed range, dedicated hot shoe, and optional motordrive available.
ME Super specifications:
* Manual focus
* TTL metering, GPD metering cells
* Manual and Aperture priority AE metering
* Center weighted metering pattern
* LED metering display in VF shows shutter speed scale
* AE compensation: +/- 2 stops
* Dedicated hot shoe and PC sync terminal
* Electronically controlled, vertical moving metal blade shutter by Seiko
* Five position control selector dial: L (lock), Auto, M (manual), 125x, and B
* Shutter speed range: 4 sec - 1/2000 plus B (stepless in auto mode)
* Shutter speeds can be set manually by dual push-button control
* Mechanical shutter speed settings: 1/125x and B
* Flash sync at 1/125. * Self timer
* ISO film speed range: 12-1600, set manually
* Manual film advance and rewind
* Mechanical cable release socket
* Battery check
* Shutter speed info visible in VF
* Shutter lock
Optional accessories include: Dial Data ME Back, Winder ME, Winder ME II, eyepiece diopter correction lenses. Dedicated Flash: AF200S, AF300S, AF160.
Uses 2-MS76 batteries.
SE (Special Edition) version with brown leather covering. -> The word "Asahi" officially dropped from camera names at this time.