(2- MS76). Pentax KA bayonet lens mount. Pentax P50 outside North America. - Black finish only. Same shutter and focusing system as the P3.
Similar to the P3 except: P5 will accept motordrive and winder, shutter speed dial replaced by two buttons, LCD readout on top panel, Multi-mode Program and Aperture priority AE added, front hand grip can be removed.
* Metering modes: Manual, Multi-mode Program AE, Aperture Priority AE.
* Program modes: one identical to that in the P3 which favors faster shutter speeds (Action), another which favors small aperture openings (Depth of Field).
* Program auto flash is not TTL.
* Centerweighted metering pattern. (GPD cell)
* LED metering display.
* Exposure compensation: +/- 2 stops in 1/2 stop increments.
* AE lock.
* Dedicated hot shoe
* Electronically controlled, vertical moving metal blade shutter by Seiko (MFC-E7).
* Shutter speed range 1 sec - 1/1000 plus B and 1/100x.
* Stepless shutter speeds in AE modes.
* Flash sync at 1/100.
* Self Timer.
* ISO/ASA film speed range: 25-1600, Auto DX setting only.
* Manual film advance and rewind.
* Body grip (removable).
* Mechanical cable release socket.
* Top Data Panel.
* VF info includes: shutter speed, metering function, flash ready signal, battery check.
Dedicated flash: AF200SA, AF series flash. - Optional Winder ME II and Motor Drive A (must remove body grip) - A and P series cameras should be used with SMC Pentax A lenses (KA mount) modified with electrical contacts for full body/lens communication in new Program and Shutter priority AE metering modes. - K mount (SMC-M) lenses can be used, but only in Manual or Aperture Priority AE modes.