Accessories & Related Products
Rollei Rolleiflex 2.8 F Xenotar (BAY III) Medium Format TLR Camera Description
The Rolleiflex 2.8F was introduced in 1960. The mechanisms and the operation of the 2.8F, along with the 3.5F, are the models said to be the perfection of Rollei TLR cameras. Both 120 and 220 roll film are available, as well as 35mm roll film for use with the 2.8F. The TLR features a waist level finder, interchangeable focusing screens and coupled exposure meter.
This mechanically sophisticated model is coupled with Xenotar 80mm f/2.8 taking lens and Heidosmat 80mm f/2.8 viewing lens. The taking and viewing lenses have Rollei Bay III filter size. Shutter speed and aperture settings are facilitated by knobs which are controlled by your thumbs. These settings are viewable at waist level through a small window on top of the taking lens.
- Camera Type: MF Twin Lens Reflex with leaf shutter
- Format: 6x6cm (2 1/4 x 2 1/4) 35mm with adapter
- Film Back: Standard back with standard manual loading
- Film Type: 120 (35mm with adapter)
- Lens: Schneider Xenotar 80mm f/2.8
- Shutter: 1 - 1/500th sec, B
- Synchro-Compur shutter
- Shutter Release: Accepts standard mechanical cable release
- Self Timer: 10 sec delay
- Flash Synchronization: Yes, X for electronic flash and M for flashbulbs
- Exposure Metering: Built-in winding knob, match needle type
- Viewfinder/Info: Parralax correction, magnifier, sports finder
- Film Transport: Manual, swing-out crank
- Multiple Exposure: Yes
- Focusing System: Manual via ground glass or manual
- Power Source: None, fully mehcanical
- Tripod Mount: ?"
- Weight: 43 oz (1220g)
- Dimensions: 11.2 x 10.5 x 14.8 cm (4.41 x 4.13 x 5.8 inches)