The Tamron 18-270mm F/3.5-6.3 Aspherical DI II VC IF LD (Tamron part# B003NII) is an all purpose zoom lens for Nikon DSLR cameras with DX sized sensors. The B003 in Nikon F Mount combines all encompassing wide angle views and powerful telephoto capabilities into a single compact and convenient all-in-one lens with outsized performance; the perfect vacation or trip lens, it's ready for anything in the world. This potent lens allows you to travel light without having to worry about missing a shot because you don't have a telephoto or are caught changing lenses.
The lens is part of Tamron's Di II (Digitally Integrated Design II) line of lenses. Di II lenses have optics designed specifically for the unique challenges and performance characteristics of 24x16mm sized digital sensors such as increased pixel density and sensor reflectivity. For decades Tamron has been an industry leader in developing compact all-in-one zoom lenses using innovative optical technologies, the B003 in Nikon F Mount benefits greatly from this engineering experience and precision manufacturing expertise.
While extremely handy, super zoom lenses face significant hurdles to produce high quality results. Tamron solves these challenges in part by using a great deal of sophisticated optical materials. To help combat aberrations and minimize distortion the 18-270mm DI II VC employs three Aspherical elements and two LD (Low Dispersion) elements in it's 13 group formulation of 18 fully multicoated elements. The resultant images exhibit great contrast color and clarity.
The lens also contains Tamron's innovative three coil VC (Vibration Compensation) system which reduces loss of sharpness due to hand held camera shake so images retain as much sharpness as possible; it's an invaluable feature in a walk around lens as it lets you effectively use slower shutter speeds than would otherwise be possible without a tripod.
The lens has a black finish with a nice texture and a convenient zoom lock switch which prevents gravity from extending the double telescoping zoom mechanism when hanging from a camera strap.
The B003 was introduced in 2008. In late 2010 a newer version the B008 was released with a faster focusing motor and a smaller 62mm filter size.
- Powerful all-in-one lens for Nikon DSLRs
- Designed exclusively for DX and 24x16mm size sensors
- For Nikon F-Mount (G Type)
- Di II (Digitally Integrated Design II) optics optimized for higher pixel density and sensor reflectance
- 15x Zoom range versatility
- Equivalent to a 35mm format 27-405mm lens
- Compact form factor
- High quality optical design with 18 elements in 13 groups
- 3 Aspherical lens elements
- 2 LD (Low Dispersion) glass elements
- Fully multicoated optics preserve contrast while reducing reflections and glare
- Great color, contrast and clarity
- VC (Vibration Compensation) reduces loss of image sharpness from camera/lens shake
- Circular aperture diaphragm (7 rounded blades)
- IF (Internal Focus) design and non-rotating filter ring
- BIM (Built-In Motor) for autofocus
- Close focuses to 0.49m (1.61ft)
- Zoom lock switch prevents barrel extension while carrying
- Attractive black textured finish
- Weighs only 550g (19.4oz)
- Uses 72mm filters
Available accessories include: AB003 petal style bayonet lens hood and 72mm filters.