The Zenza Bronica SQ 6x6 120-I (latest model) film back is a modular roll-film holder that fits twelve 'six by six' (56x56mm) format (a.k.a. two and a quarter inch format) exposure frames on a 120 length roll film. This is a complete film back (also sometimes referred to as a film magazine) that consists of three main components, the exterior 'shell' (which mounts to the camera body), the 'film insert' where a roll of 120 film is to be installed, and the 'darkslide' which prevents film from being exposed when the film back is not attached to a camera body.
As part of Bronica's truly modular SQ/SQ-A/SQ-AM/SQ-Ai/SQ-B system the film back can be removed and re-attached in the middle of a roll, allowing photographers the ability to switch between different film stocks without having to finish an entire roll. As a safety feature Back is designed so that it can't be removed from a camera body without the darkslide in place protecting the film. When the back is used with the appropriate (locking) darkslide, once the back has been removed from the camera the darkslide stays locked in place.
Compared to the previous generation SQ back, this model has an exposure compensation control (&plusmin;2 stops in 1/3 increments) on a more conveniently located ISO dial that's not obscured by prism finders.
- 120 roll-film back for SQ, SQ-A, SQ-AM, SQ-Ai, SQ-B cameras
- Twelve 6x6 format exposures per roll
- Insert pressure plate & frame counter designed exclusively for 120 size/length roll film
- Includes Shell, Insert, Darkslide (unless otherwise noted)
- Locking Darkslide
- Fully mechanical
- ISO dial conveys information to compatible metered prisms
- Exposure compensation control: &plusmin;2 stops in 1/3 increments
- Improved ISO dial location
- Integrated keeper for side of film box for easy film-stock identification
Available accessories include: your favorite film.