Canon A-1 35mm Camera Body, Black
The Canon A-1 is a manual focus 35mm film SLR camera. Introduced in 1978 the A-1 followed the successful AE-1 as a higher end premium option that notably features Aperture Priority AE (AutoExposure) and Program AE exposure modes. Though not as ruggedized as Canon's considerably more expensive F-1 workhorse, the A-1 was for a number of years Canon's most technologically advanced SLR becoming a mainstay for many pros who also appreciated its reasonable weight and compact companion, the 5fps Motor Drive MA.
Having earned its place in photographic history the A-1 is now prized by collectors, students, and enthusiasts who appreciate its classic form factor and amenities that made it so popular with pros.
- Classic manual focus 35mm film SLR camera
- Center-weighted light metering pattern
- ISOs from 6-12,800
- Full manual controls
- Shutter speed range 2 sec to 1/1000 plus B
- Shutter priority AE (AutoExposure) mode
- Exposure compensation
- Dedicated hot shoe
- 'PC socket' (flash synchronization terminal)
- Flash sync at 1/60
- Removable back
- Eyepiece shutter
- Electronic self-timer with 2s and 10s options
- FD lens mount
- Depth of field preview (also for stopped-down metering with non-FD lenses or non-auto bellow)
Available accessories include: Data Back A, Power Winder A, Motordrive MA (5fps), Winder A2 (2fps). Recommended flashes: A series, 155A, 177A, 188A, 199A, 577G, 533G. When a dedicted flash is fitted, and turned on, it will give information to the camera to set the proper shutter speed for flash sync as well as the proper f-stop on FD lenses.
|Film Type||35mm roll|
|Focus Type||Manual focus (only)|
|Lens Mount||Canon FD, Canon FL, Canon R|