The EF 200mm f/2 L IS USM is a high-end ultra large aperture telephoto lens for Canon EOS SLR cameras. It's arguably the highest quality, most capable 200mm lens in the world.
The 200mm f/2 L is one of the absolute best lenses for high resolution and high pixel density imaging sensors. It's both sharper and brighter than Canon's 70-200mm and 200mm f/2.8 lens designs. The super bright f/2 maximum aperture allows use of autofocus and faster action freezing shutter speeds in lower lighting conditions without sacrificing needed magnification. Consequently, the 200mm f/2 enjoys a reputation as the pre-eminent lens for photographing available-light performances and action. Not just for theater use, the 200mm f/2 is one of the very best lenses for portraiture and court sports like Basket-Ball and Tennis.
Canon introduced the EF 200mm f/2 L IS USM in 2008 as a replacement for the EF 200mm f/1.8 L USM. While the f/1.8 model is slightly brighter it focuses slower and lacks the Image Stabiler system.
If you shoot performances or want the sharpest 200mm you can find then this is the lens you've been looking for.
- Premium professional 200mm telephoto for EOS SLRs
- Ultra bright f/2 maximum aperture maximizes versatility
- Narrow 12° angle of view (diagonal)
- Equivalent to a 320mm when cropped to APS-C format
- Extraordinary sharpness, contrast, and color reproduction
- The premier available light lens for performance photography
- Unique capabilities for portraiture, small court sports & action photography
- Produces beautiful background blur
- Eight-bladed aperture diaphragm
- Optical Image Stabilizer reduces loss of sharpness from camera/lens movement
- 2 Stabilization modes one general purpose and one for panning
- USM (Ultrasonic Motor) with full time manual focus override
- Focus preset and recall controls
- Focus range limit switch
- Close focuses down to 1.9m (6.2ft)
- Rotating tripod ring with strap mounts
- Drop-in filter holder
- Weighs 2,520g (5.6lbs)
- Compatible with the extensive line of Canon EOS EF-Mount camera bodies
Available accessories include the Polarizing Filter PL-C 52, Lens Case 200, Lens Hood ET-120B, and, Canon EF Tele-Extenders.