Equivalent to a what a 28-135mm lens produces on a 35mm cameas, this EF-S lens brings true wide-angle to tele coverage to EOS APS-C format shooters. It has Canon's Image Stabilization system, allowing safer hand-holding at speeds up to three stops slower than otherwise possible. The 17-85mm is optically optimized and designed exclusively for Canon EF-S mount digital SLRs. A ring-type USM (Ultra Sonic Motor) provides both fast and silent autofocus, as well as full-time manual focus when in the AF mode.
- All in one zoom lens designed specifically for APS-C format EF-S bodies*
- Equivalent to a 27-136mm focal length lens on a full 35mm frame body
- Broad 79°30' angle of view (diagonal) when set to 17mm focal length
- 85mm focal length provide 18°25' angle of view (diagonal), perfect for portraits
- Produces sharp and contrasty images
- Three aspheric lens element helps minimize distortion
- Optical Image Stabilizer reduces loss of image sharpness due to camera/lens movement
- Ring type USM (Ultrasonic Motor) provides superior AF performance and speed, with full-time manual focus by just turning the focus ring
- Focuses down to 0.35 meters (1.15 feet)
- EF-S Lens Mount*
Available accessories include the reversible bayonet EW-73B Lens Hood, LP1116 Lens Case, and 67mm filters.
*Compatibility Note: exclusively for use with EF-S Mount bodies including the Canon 20D, 30D, 40D, 50D, 60D, 70D, 77D, 80D, 7D, 7D Mark II, & Digital Rebel series cameras. Not compatible with the Canon D30, D60, 10D, or APS-H, or full 35mm frame bodies. Attempting to mount to an incompatible body may cause damage.