Canon's EF-S 18-135mm f/3.5-5.6 IS offers a winning combination of size and range for Digital Rebel and Canon APS-C sensor cameras. The 18-135mm is an ideal choice for users wanting more telephoto reach than a standard 18-55mm 'kit' lens provides without having to carry a second lens (or miss shots while switching to it). Zooming through focal lengths from 18mm to 135mm, the lens covers a practical all around range for general photography, travel and special occasions.
Canon originally introduced this model in 2009. In 2012 a sucessor was released, the very similar EF-S 18-135mm f/3.5-5.6 IS STM uses a stepper motor (STM) allowing quieter autofocus while shooting video. This original model remains quite popular (particularly among photographers not shooting much video).
- Broad all-in one zoom for Canon EOS EF-S DSLRS
- Convenient all-in one solution for travel, landscapes, and portraits
- Versatile zoom range: wide-angle to telephoto
- Compact & light
- High quality optics designed specifically for APS-C format EF-S bodies*
- Optical Image Stabilizer reduces blur from camera shake (up to four stops equivalent)
- Internal focus design for faster autofocus
- Focuses as close as .45m (1.5ft)
- Uses 67mm filters
- EF-S Lens Mount*
Available accessories include: Canon EW-73B reversible bayonet lens shade to reduce glare and loss of contrast, 67mm filters, Canon E-67 II Front Lens Cap, Canon Lens Dust Cap E Rear Cap, Canon LP1116 Lens Case.
*Compatibility Note: exclusively for use with EF-S Mount bodies including the Canon 20D, 30D, 40D, 50D, 60D, 70D, 77D, 80D, 7D, 7D Mark II, & Digital Rebel series cameras. Not compatible with the Canon D30, D60, 10D, or APS-H, or full 35mm frame bodies. Attempting to mount to an incompatible body may cause damage.