The Mamiya 80mm f/4.0 N L is a standard lens for the Mamiya 7 & 7II series of medium format 6x7 rangefinder cameras. The 80mm f/4.0 N L uses an optimized symmetrical six element design that produces extremely high image quality. Because rangefinder designs eliminate the large, bulky mirror box of SLR design, lenses can be designed simply and rear elements can easily recess towards the film plane. The result is a possibly ideal lens design, which Mamiya's computer-aided optical R&D department crafts with the utmost pride and precision that is unsurpassed in any medium format system. The extreme accuracy of rangefinder focusing and lack of shutter or mirror vibration also contribute to razor sharp results not obtainable with SLR lenses.
For the fast and spontaneous shooting style associated with rangefinder camera designs, the 80mm focal length is a logical choice as a wide-normal lens.&nbdp; Equivalent to a 39mm focal length in 35mm format, applications include general purpose, fashion, portraiture and landscape photography. In the hands of a skilled photographer (who doesn't need through the lens viewing) this 80mm lens on a Mamiya 7 produces huge 6x7 format best of the best world class image quality. It's highly portable too.
- Standard lens for the Mamiya 7 & 7II Medium Format Cameras
- Superbly covers 6x7 Medium Format produces astounding detail and enlargements
- Superior optics & coatings for maximum sharpness, color, & contrast
- Rangefinder coupled with smooth and precise manual focus
- Low vibration Leaf Shutter is quiet and syncs with flash at all speeds
- f/4 to f/22 aperture range with
- Versatile 58° angle of view
- Compact & light for easy transport and handheld photography
Available accessories include: Bayonet Lens Hood, Mamiya Close-Up Filter, 58mm filters, Shallow Rear cap, Front Cap.