The AF Micro-Nikkor 200mm f/4 D ED IF is a telephoto macro photography lens for Nikon digital SLR and 35mm film SLR cameras. The lens offers unaugmented 1:1 life-size magnification while the long focal length allows working at a distance two to four times greater than most other dedicated macro photography lenses. This much coveted extra working distance makes micro photography possible of subjects that other lenses would disturb and allows more room for additional lighting without casting a shadow on the subject.
The Nikon 200mm f/4 D Micro ED IF lens is specifically designed to be able to take the best close-up photography pictures possible. The Nikon 200mm f/4 D re-produces subjects with amazing detail and rich color. The CRC (Close Range Correction) design moves multiple groups of lens elements when focus is changed to ensure the sharpest possible images whether you're focusing close-up or at infinity. Two ED (Extra Low Dispersion) glass elements and Super Integrated Coating antireflective multi-coating are incorporated into the 13 element 8 group design to maximize clarity.
Originally released in 1993 the 200mm f/4 D Micro eventually replaced the previous Mirco-Nikkor f/4 IF AIS. The 200mm f/4 D Micro is autofocus capable on bodies with a built-in focus motor and still highly useable on other bodies since most macro photography is done with manual focus anyway.
The AF Micro-Nikkor 200mm f/4 D ED IF is one of the very best Nikon lenses available for bringing small details in nature and products to the world at large. While it's primarily known as high end specialty macro lens, the 200mm f/4 D works well for other general photography uses where it's extreme sharpness and narrow field of view are welcome including portraiture and landscapes.
- Telephoto lens designed for life-size micro photography
- Long focal length provides extra macro working distance
- 1:1 reproduction ratio at focus distance of .5m (1.6 ft)
- High resolution & contrast, superb color reproduction, minimal distortion
- Close Range Correction ensures sharpest images at all distances
- Two ED (Extra Low Dispersion) glass elements help ensure outstanding image quality
- Super Integrated Coating (SIC) prevents lens flare and ghosting
- IF (Internal Focus) design
- Focus range limit switch
- Focus scale marked with reproduction ratios
- D-type chip provides distance information to Nikon N90 and later cameras for improved flash metering
- Excellent balance and handling
- Built-in rotating tripod mount makes vertical framing easy
- Mechanical Aperture control allows use on widest possible range of bodies and adapters
- Classic Nikon crinkle finish
- Accepts the popular 62mm filter size
Available accessories include the HN-30 Lens Hood, CL-45 Hard Lens Case, extension tubes and 62mm filters.