The Nikon Nikkor 300mm f/2.8 G ED IF AF-S VR is a high-end telephoto autofocus lens for both Nikon Digital SLR and late model Film SLR Cameras. It's a professional grade lens where no efforts were spared in the optical and mechanical design and construction. This is a high performance lens in every conceivable sense that can deliver astonishingly sharp vivid images even when conditions get demanding. Nikon's engineers have used an 11 element 8 group optical formulation which includes 3 ED (Extra Low Dispersion) elements and a combination of N (Nano Crystal Coat) and SIC (Super Integrated Coating) coatings. The resulting high resolution, high contrast images are the sort that raise expectations.
Because the image quality is so good it's a lens that owners use anytime they can. With it's capable combination of high magnification reach, focusing speed, light gathering, and beautifully blurred backgrounds it's really the only the lens for many jobs. With the fast f/2.8 aperture it's possible to use faster shutter speeds or easier to use tele-converters. The lens uses an IF (Internal Focus) arrangement powered by a strong AF-S SWM (Silent Wave Motor) that moves ultra-fast and provides full time manual focus override via the M/A focus mode. A focus preset switch , a focus range limit switch, and Focus Operation buttons allow the shooter additional focus customization options. Many lenses shoot at 300mm but the amount of background obliteration one gets when shooting 300mm f/2.8 is on a completely different level. The Nikkor 300mm f/2.8 G ED IF AF-S VR produces this extreme background seperation while producing beautiful background blur.
Simply put the Nikkor 300mm f/2.8 G ED IF AF-S VR is one of the best, it's an exceptional lens for shooting sports, portraits, landscapes, and any other situations calling for a high quality or telephoto lens.
- Super Fast Telephoto AF-S Lens with Vibration Reduction and Nano-Crystal AR coat
- Exceptionally high optical performance
- Three ED glass elements effectively compensates for magnification and virtually eliminate chromatic aberration Meniscus protective glass element to overcome internal reflections from digital imaging sensor
- Internal Focusing (IF) design
- Powerful AF-S SWM (Silent Wave Motor) provides ultra-high speed autofocus with exceptional accuracy and while being super-quiet
- Focus Mode switch enables quick response to changing situations with quick-switching between M/A (Manual-Priority Autofocus) and M (Manual Focus) modes. AF operation switch enables easy selection of settings
- Focus Preset function instantly recalls a preset focal point
- Barrel mounted AF Operation buttons
- Focus Limiter switch limits AF-servo movement to a selected shooting distance range
- VR (Vibration Reduction) system with automatic detection of panning and active vibration mode for use in active situations such as a moving boat, car or plane
- VR On/Off switch
- Compatible with both 35mm and digital SLR models
- Rotating Tripod Mount with strap attachment points
Available accessories include the carbon fiber HK-30 hood, CL-L1 semi-soft case, LN-1 strap, and Nikon TC-14E II, TC-17E II, TC-20E II, TC-20E III, and TC-14E III Teleconverters.