The Micro-Nikkor 55mm f/2.8 AIS is a macro lens for close up photography with on Nikon SLR cameras. This manual focus Micro lens is perfect for extreme close-up and general photography with continuous focusing from infinity to 1/2 life-size (focusing down to 10 inches, 1:2, unaugmented) and with a PK-13 auto extension ring, from 1:2 to 1:1 ('life size'). It's also an
The Micro-Nikkor 55mm f/2.8 AIS is considered a normal lens that covers 35mm format with a 43° angle of view. Image quality is remarkable by any standard: Nikon's Close-Range Correction System provides outstanding close focusing performance even when shooting at the minimum focusing distance. Exceptional sharpness and flatness of field are delivered by the superb optical design and Nikon Integrated Coating. The lens stops down to F/32 when maximum depth-of-field is needed. The lens is an excellent choice for critical copy work and features engraved dual reproduction ratio scales for fast operation at predetermined ratios with or without a PK-13 extension tube.
While originally made for manual cameras from the 1980's the 55mm AIS has a ubiquitous Nikon F-mount that makes it useable on nearly any Nikon SLR (film or digital). The manual aperture ring also ensures compatibility with a broad range of lens mount adapters. Cameras with an aperture follow tab (on the outside of the lens mount) are able to enjoy full aperture metering.
- Specially designed for macro photography
- Full Frame FX coverage with normal field of view
- Exceptional sharpness and flatness of field
- Focuses down to just 10 inches
- Close-Range Correction
- 1:2 reproduction ratio at close focus (full frame, unaugmented)
- Inscribed reproduction ratio scales
- Can be used with PK-13 Extension Ring, TC-201 or TC-14A Teleconverters
- Nikon F-Mount, AIS metering and aperture couplings
- Manual Focus only with nice long focus throw
- Mechanical aperture for compatibility with broadest possible range of cameras & adapters
Available accessories include: 52mm filters, Bellows, Extension tubes, HN-3 Lens Hood, TC-201 Teleconverter, TC-14A Teleconverter.