The Pentax K-S2 is an award winning compact DSLR camera with a unique and wide-ranging set of capabilities that make high level photography a fun and rewarding experience. While it's one of the more affordable DSLRs from Pentax, the K-S2 was designed to suit photographers of all skill levels (including advanced users). With it's 19 pre-set scene modes, a swivel screen, a convenient selfie button, and wireless connectivity the light easy to hold K-S2 is an intuitive way to taking casual photography to the next level in any situation. With a rich range of customizable features, better external controls, and a higher quality finder than one often finds on entry level cameras the KS-2 allows ample room for growth as a photographer too. The KS-2 is an excellent way to gain access to the simply superb line-up of Pentax K-Mount optics.
The K-S2 was originally introduced in early 2015 as a significant upgrade to the somewhat smaller and lighter Pentax K-50.
The K-S2 pairs well with the extensive line-up of Pentax WR (Weather Resistant) lenses. For unbeatable camping and outdoor photography a versatile weather resistant DSLR with really good weather resistant lenses are the perfect combination. The K-S2 is also a reliable value for everyday artists and family photographers looking to leverage the tremendous assortment of world class K-mount optics.
- Uses Pentax K-Mount lenses*
- 20MP APS-C (23.5?15.6mm) CMOS sensor
- AA-filter-free image quality
- AA (anti-aliasing) Filter Simulator available when needed
- In-body SR (Shake Reduction) mechanism
- Dust Removal System
- ISOs up to 51,200 (in 1, 1/2, or 1/3EV increments)
- 77-segment multi-pattern metering
- Phase detection AutoFocus system with 11 AF Points
- 9 Cross-Type AF sensors for low light (sensitive to -3EV)
- Continous shooting at up to 5.5fps (frames per second)
- High-quality glass pentaprism, approximately 100% coverage
- Interchangeable groundglass focusing screens
- Dual exposure dials, intuitive controls & menus
- 19 pre-programmed Scene Modes for easy shooting
- 2 Custom User exposure modes
- HDR (High Dynamic Range) mode, 3 shot A-HDR mode (Advanced HDR)
- Digital level
- Automatic horizon correction up to ±1.5°
- Self-timer allows continous shooting
- Ergonomic Self Portrait Shutter Button for easier holding during selfies
- 3" Vari-angle 3:2 aspect ratio LCD monitor
- 1080p30/25/24 & 720p60/50 video capture
- built-in stereo mic, 3.5mm external mic connection
- Interval timer shooting options includes 4K movie and star stream capture
- Wi-Fi & NFC connectivity
- USB (micro-B) & HDMI connectivity
- P-TTL hotshoe and auto-up built-in flash
- SDXC Memory Card Slot
- DNG RAW file format
- Compact form factor
- Weather resistant design
- Available in a wide range of colors
Available accessories include: AF540FGZ II Flash, AF360FGZ II Flash, AF201FG Flash, O-RC1 Waterproof Remote Control, D-LI109 Battery, D-BC109 Battery Charger, O-ST132 Strap, Eyecup FR, Body Cap, O-GPS1 GPS unit, K-AC128 AC Adapter Kit, S-SW138 Hot Shoe Cover, O-ME53 Magnifier Eyecup, MI-60 AF Scale Matte screen, ML-60 AF Cross-Lined Matte, ME-60 All-Surface Matte screen, K-Mount lenses.
*Full functionality with KAF3, KAF2 (power zoom is not compatible), KAF, and KA mount lenses. Original K-Mount lenses (without electronic communication contacts) require stop-down metering. Camera does not support electromagnetic aperture actuation required by KAF4 Mount lenses.