Sony VG-C1EM Vertical Battery Grip for Sony A7 / A7R / A7S Cameras, Black with Battery Tray
The Sony VG-C1EM A7-Series Camera Grip is Vertical Grip designed specifically to enhance the capabilities of the Sony a7, a7R, and a7S cameras. The VG-C1EM features an extra set of the main camera controls that allows shooting vertical images from a more stable stance and it counterbalances larger lenses. The VG-C1EM also allows use of two NP-FW50 batteries for extended run times without interuptions to shooting.
The VG-C1EM is easy to add or remove quickly. All you have to do is remove the camera battery and cover and screw the grip into the camera's tripod socket. The grip has a set of controls oriented for vertical shooting with it's own: shutter release button (with button on/off switch), 'AEL - AF/MF' button, front control dial, rear control dial, and 'c1' custom function button. The control orientation allows the photographer to take vertical images with their right arm and hand in a more natural comfortable position (not overhand or underhand).
The extra mass of the VG-C1EM also helps resist vibration while also shifting the camera & lens combination center of balance closer to the photographer thus making it easier to hold still. Photographers with larger hands will find the additional grip area a welcome improvement to camera body ergonomics. If you ever use a long lens handheld the VG-C1EM is an especially handy accessory for your A7 series camera.
- Vertical grip for original Sony α A7 A7S and A7R bodies
- Improves ergonomics and handling
- Vertical shutter release button and controls
- Multiple batteries provide extended camera run time
- Reduces shots lost due to battery changes
- Improves camera balance especially with long or heavy lenses
- Textured grip surface
- Extra strap mount point useable for handstrap or portrait strap arrangement
- Weather resistant construction