Accessories & Related Products
Tamron 15-30mm F/2.8 SP DI VC USD (A012) Autofocus Lens For Nikon Description
The SP 15-30mm f/2.8 DI VC USD (model A012N) is an award wining ultra-wide angle lens by Tamron for Nikon full frame digital SLR camera bodies. The 15-30mm VC is the first ultrawide full frame f/2.8 aperture zoom to feature optical image stabilization. The lens is part of Tamron's SP (Superior Performance) and Di (Digitally Integrated Design) line of lenses. SP lenses are Tamron's best pro level lenses. Di lenses have optics designed specifically for the unique challenges and performance characteristics digital sensors.
Tamron has immense expertise designing and manufacturing aspherical optics and it really shows in the 15-30mm VC which has remarkable image quality. Pro quality wide angle zoom lenses are among the most technically challenging lenses to deliver successfully but Tamron has done it with the use of 18-element, 13-group optical design that uses a considerable amount of high end optical material including a large diameter XGM (eXpanded Glass Molded Aspherical) lens element and Tamron's state of the art eBAND nano coating. Image quality is excellent throughout the entire zoom range. The bright constant f/2.8 maximum aperture and VC (Vibration Compensation) system together produce previously unheard of low-light capabilities.
Autofocus performance is fast and responsive thanks to a USD (Ultrasonic Silent Drive) that produces high torque and no audible noise. Physical construction is solid and robust. A unique solid protective built-in hood works in concert with a zoom mechanism that retracts when increasing focal length to effectively shade the front element over the whole zoom range. The housing is sealed to resist dust and moisture and the front element has a hydrophobic fluorine coated front element.
The Tamron SP 15-30mm f/2.8 DI VC USD is a ground breaking lens with capabilities only dreamt of previously. Serious full frame Nikon shooter? This is what you've been waiting for.
- Dramatic ultra-wide-angle perspective
- Nikon F-Mount (G Type)
- Full 35mm format frame coverage
- Bright constant f/2.8 maximum aperture through entire zoom range
- VC (Vibration Compensation) reduces loss of image sharpness from camera/lens shake
- Superb corner-to-corner image quality from an ultra-wide-angle zoom
- DI (Digitally Integrated Design) for high resolution digital sensors
- Large diameter XGM (eXpanded Glass Molded Aspherical) lens element
- Two molded glass aspherical elements
- Three LD (Low Dispersion) glass elements
- 7 bladed circular diaphragm
- eBAND and BBAR coatings correct ghosting and flare
- Adaptive hood and zoom design shades front lens surface over the entire zoom range to minimize flare
- USD (Ultrasonic Silent Drive) for precise,and quiet autofocus
- Dust and moisture-resistant construction
- Fluorine coated front element repels water and dirt
- Focuses down to 0.28m (11in)
|Manufacturer Part Number||A012N|
|Lens Type||Wide-Angle Zoom|
|Zoom Min Focal Length||15.0000|
|Zoom Max focal length||30.0000|
|Lens Mount||Nikon F Mount "G" Type|