The Tamron 16-300mm F/3.5-6.3 Aspherical DI II VC PZD Macro (Tamron part# B016N) is relatively compact all purpose super zoom lens for Nikon DSLR cameras with DX format sensors. The lens covers an extremely broad range of focal lengths and offers a notably wider field of view than other superzooms. With it's widest setting two millimeters shorter than typical 18mm wide angles the 16-300mm DII VC PZD can produce images with a very noticeable 7° wider angle of view (on the diagonal). Combined with it's strong telephoto magnification capabilities the Tamron 16-300mm is one of the most versatile all-in-one lenses made. With enough reach to capture distant subjects and the ability to take in big scenes it's a lens well suited for travel and everyday photography. Perhaps the best part is you don't without having to worry about missing shots while trying to change lenses.
While extremely useful, superzoom lenses face significant hurdles to produce high quality results. Tamron deals with those challenges by channeling decades of super zoom engineering experience and precision manufacturing expertise into a design that uses a large amount of various special optical materials in a practical solution. To help combat aberrations and keep distortion to acceptable levels the 16-300mm DI II VC uses four Aspherical elements (one Hybrid Aspherical & three molded glass Aspherical), two LD (Low Dispersion) elements, one XR (Extra Refractive index) element, ane one UXR (Ultra Extra Refractive index) element among it's careful arrangement of 16 fully multicoated elements in 12 groups.
The lens also contains Tamron's innovative three coil VC (Vibration Compensation) system which reduces loss of sharpness due to hand held camera shake so images retain as much sharpness as possible; it's an invaluable feature in a walk around lens as it lets you effectively use slower shutter speeds than would otherwise be possible without a tripod.
The lens also features a PZD (Peizo Drive) motor that delivers high speed autofocus quietly. The PZD focus assembly in 16-300mm also allows full time manual focus override, so you can make adjustments without having to reach for the focus mode switch. The 16-300mm also has impressive macro capabilities allowing up to a 1:2.9 reproduction ratio at the 300mm focal length, perfect for photographing flowers and more.
- Ultra-wide-angle and telephoto all-in-one zoom lens for Nikon DSLRs
- Compact form factor
- For Nikon F-Mount (G Type)
- Designed exclusively for DX format and 24x16mm size sensors
- Di II (Digitally Integrated Design II) optics optimized for higher pixel density and sensor reflectance
- Remarkable 18.8x Zoom range versatility
- Equivalent to a 35mm format 26-480mm lens
- High quality optical design with 16 elements in 12 groups
- 4 Aspherical lens elements (1 Hybrid Aspherical & 3 molded Aspherical)
- 2 LD (Low Dispersion) glass elements
- 1 XR (Extra Refractive index) element
- 1 UXR (Ultra Extra Refractive index) element
- Fully multicoated optics preserve contrast while reducing reflections and glare
- Great color, contrast and clarity
- VC (Vibration Compensation) reduces loss of image sharpness from camera/lens shake
- Circular aperture diaphragm (7 rounded blades)
- Fast responsive PZD (Piezo Drive) autofocus motor for smoother AF performance
- Full time manual focus override
- IF (Internal Focus) design and non-rotating filter ring
- Close focuses to 0.39m (15.3in)
- Impressive 1:2.9 macro capability at 300mm focal length
- Zoom lock switch prevents barrel extension while carrying
- New exterior styling with silver accent ring and redesigned grip pattern
- Weighs only 540g (19oz)
- Uses 67mm filters
- Moisture resistant construction with mount gasket
Available accessories include: HB016 petal style bayonet lens hood and 67mm filters.