Tamron SP 70-300mm f/4-5.6 DI USD IF lens for Sony A-Mount  A005
The Tamron 70-300mm f/4-5.6 SP DI USD (Tamron model # A005) is an award winning mid-tier telephoto zoom lens with full frame coverage and fast focusing for Sony A mount cameras. The lens traverses a very popular and practical zoom range that's useable for everything from portraits to sports & action. The lens features a variable maximum aperture (f/4.5 to 5.6 depending on how much you zoom) that's more than adequate for daylight shooting yet keeps the lens a manageable size and weight for travel and more comfortable handheld shooting than higher-end f/2.8 telephotos. The 70-300mm f/4-5.6 DI USD IF SP is a terrific general purpose telephoto lens for travel and nature photography and is an ideal complement to a standard wide angle zoom.
The lens is part of Tamron's DI (Digitally Integrated Design) and SP (Superior Performance) lens series. DI lenses have optics adapted for the unique challenges and performance characteristics of digital sensors such as increased resolution and sensor reflectivity. SP lenses are some of Tamron's best quality products and designed to produces the best results possible in their class. The optics in the 70-300mm f/4-5.6 SP DI consist of a highly refined 17 element in 12 group construction that have BBAR (Broad-Band Anti-Reflection) multi-layer anti-reflective coating and include XLD (eXtra Low Dispersion) and LD (Low Dispersion) elements to suppress optical aberrations. The results are a lens that can produce excellent contrast, color with minimimal glare, flare or ghosting.
The 70-300mm f/4-5.6 DI USD IF SP has a responsive focusing system thanks to a built-in USD (Ultrasonic Silent Drive) focus motor. USD motor performance is much faster and quieter motors or camera drive mechanisms and that's of particular value for shooting wildlife or sports. The lens focus mechanism also features a design that provides full time manual focus override so you can touch-up or tweak focus without needing to find the AF switch.
The Tamron 70-300mm f/4-5.6 DI USD IF SP lens is an especially good value and great choice for photographers wanting a really good telephoto zoom that doesn't weighed them down.
- Superior Performance Digitally Integrated telephoto zoom with a good balance of capabilities and convenience
- Designed for Sony Alpha camera with A-Mount
- Full frame 35mm format (24x36mm) coverage
- 34°21' - 8°15' angle of view on full 35mm frame format sensors
- XLD (eXtra Low Dispersion) lens element
- LD (Low Dispersion) lens element
- BBAR (Broad-Band Anti-Reflection) multi-coating
- 9 bladed aperture
- USD (Ultrasonic Silent Drive) for fast and quiet AF
- IF (Internal Focus) design and non-rotating filter ring
- Full-time manual focus override mechanism
- Focuses down to 1.5m (59.05in)
- Relatively compact for a strong full frame tele
- Weighs just 765g (26.98oz)
- Uses 62mm filters
Available accessories include: HA005 Lens Hood, 62mm filters, spare caps.
|Autofocus (lens motor)
|Sony A & Minolta A
|Telephoto / Long
|Max Focal Length
|Min Focal Length