Accessories & Related Products
Tamron 150-600mm F/5-6.3 SP DI VC USD (011) Autofocus Lens For Nikon Description
The Tamron SP 150-600mm f/5-6.3 Di VC USD (A011N) is a super-telephoto autofocus zoom lens for Nikon F-mount digital SLR (DSLR) cameras (and even late model Nikon 35mm film cameras). The lens has tremendous reach and a unique balance of performance capabilities that have proven very popular with outdoor photographers.
With a maximum focal length of 600mm the SP 150-600mm f/5-6.3 Di VC USD lens offers as much or more reach than all but the largest high-end lens and teleconverter combinations. It's also significantly more compact & portable than larger aperture monster telephoto options. Since it's a zoom lens that can back off all the way to 150mm you get a level of flexibility not found with many other 600mm lenses; you won't have to worry if the action starts moving towards you. The 150-600mm might even alleviate having to carry a separate shorter telephoto too (depending upon the rest of your kit and needs).
Optically the SP 150-600mm f/5-6.3 Di VC USD is impressive. Tamron has used 20 lens elements in 13 groups including 3 LD (Low Dispersion) elements in the highly corrected design to deliver sharp contrasty results at all focal lengths. The elements have BBAR (Broad-Band Anti-Reflection) multi-layer anti-reflective coating and the lens also uses Tamron's new next generation eBAND (Extended Bandwidth & Angular-Dependency) nano structure coating; all together the coatings really help keep contrast high and colors rich while minimizing glare, flare and ghosting.
Camera/lens shake can lead to significant reduction in image sharpness especially as magnification increases because even the effect of the smallest vibrations gets magnified. ; the SP 150-600mm f/5-6.3 Di VC USD uses Tamron's Vibration Compensation optical image stabilization system to counteract that potential sharpness reduction by detecting lens movement and actively adjusting a special optical group in real time to correct the light path in real time.
The SP 150-600mm f/5-6.3 Di VC USD has a responsive focusing system thanks to a built-in USD (Ultrasonic Silent Drive) focus motor. USD motor performance is much faster and quieter than earlier built-in motors or camera drive mechanisms and that's of particular value for shooting wildlife or sports. The lens focus mechanism also features a design that provides full time manual focus override so you can touch-up or tweak focus without needing to find the AF switch.
The rest of the lens mechanical are robustly constructed as Tamron SP users have come to expect (Tamron provides a six year warranty on lenses when new because they are so well constructed). While not waterproof in the underwater sense the lens does feature a moisture resistant design including elastomer sealing at the lens mount. The rotating tripod mount makes vertical shooting a breeze, it's also removable to save weight when you have to shoot handheld.
Originally released in 2014 the SP 150-600mm f/5-6.3 Di VC USD (Tamron model# A011N) is a major upgrade from Tamron's200-500mm f/5-6.3 DI IF SP LD (Tamron model# A08N). As a ground breaking lens that offers the 600mm focal length in a more convenient form, the A011N has been extremely popular since it's introduction and demand has exceeded supply much of the time. In late 2016 Tamron introduced the SP 150-600mm F/5-6.3 Di VC USD G2 (Tamron model# A022N)with optical refinements, a Flex Zoom Lock clutch mechanism, and more granular VC and focus limit controls. The G1 model remains popular especially now that it enjoys a lower price.
Anyone looking for the most magnification possible should consider the Tamron 150-600mm VC. It's a great lens, a truly remarkable value with a combination of strong telephoto reach, quality, and portability that just wasn't available previously.
- Powerful super-telephoto zoom lens with tremendous magnification at distance
- Excellent lens for outdoor, wildlife, & sports photography
- 16°25' - 4°8' angle of view on full 35mm frame (FX Format)
- 10°38' - 2°40' angle of view on APC-C frame (DX Format)
- Rather compact for a 600mm lens
- Weighs 68.8oz much less than most 600mm lenses
- Three LD (Low Dispersion) lens elements
- New eBAND (Extended Bandwidth & Angular-Dependency) coating
- BBAR (Broad-Band Anti-Reflection) multi-coating
- VC (Vibration Compensation) preserves sharpness
- USD (Ultrasonic Silent Drive) for fast and quiet AF
- Full-time manual focus override mechanism
- Focuses down to 2.7m (106.3in)
- Focus limit switch offers infinity to 15m focus range
- Rotating & removable tripod mount
- Moisture-resistant construction
- Zoom lock switch locks lens at 150mm
- Protective front rubber ring
- Uses 95mm filters
Available accessories include 95mm filters, and the HA011 Bayonet Lens Hood.
- Focal Length: 150-600mm
- Aperture Maximum: f/5-6.3
- Aperture Minimum: f/32-40
- Camera Mount Type: Nikon F
- Format Compatibility: FX, DX
- Angle of view: 16°25'-3°-26' Diagonal / 13°41'-3°26' Horizontal / 9°6´-2°10´ Vertical
- Minimum Focus Distance: 2.7m (106.3")
- Elements/Groups: 20/13
- Diaphragm Blades: 9 rounded
- Image Stabilization: Yes
- Autofocus: Yes
- Tripod Collar: Yes
- Filter Thread: 95mm
- Dimensions: ø105.6 x 257.8mm
- Weight: 68.8oz (1951g)
- Manufacturers Part #: A011
|Manufacturer Part Number||AFA011N700|
|Lens Type||Telephoto Zoom|
|Zoom Min Focal Length||150.0000|
|Zoom Max Focal Length||600.0000|
|Lens Mount||Nikon F Mount "G" Type|