The Carl Zeiss Distagon 21mm f/2.8 T* ZE is a premium wide-angle lens for Canon EOS SLR cameras (digital or film) in EF Mount. The 21mm ZE is a manual focus only lens with extremely high quality construction that produces remarkable images with outstanding color, contrast, and clarity. The design prioritizes deliberate exact focusing via a smooth high focus helical with a long 124° focus throw that makes precise adjustments easy. Zeiss has a long and legendary history of producing many of worlds best optics thanks to renowned engineering experience and exacting standards, the 21mm ZE is no exception. The Distagon 21mm ZE uses 16 T* multicoated elements in 13 groups.
At 600g (21.2oz) the lens weighs noticeable more than the more commonly known Canon EF 20mm f/2.8 but ZE 21mm users will argue it's worth it for the heavyweight images it produces.
- Ultrawide 90° (diagonal angle of view)
- Outstanding well corrected optics
- Superb contrast, vivid color, and high sharpness
- 16 elements in 13 groups
- T* anti-reflective coating
- Close focuses down to 0.22m (8.66in)
- Convenient marked depth of field scale, infrared focus index
- Smooth precise made manual focus mechanism, long 124° focus throw
- Solid metal construction
Available accessories include 82mm filter accessories, Zeiss Metal Bayonet Lens Hood for 18mm f/3.5 & 21mm f/2.8, EF mount rear cap.