The Canon EF 75-300mm f/4-5.6 III is a telephoto zoom lens for Canon EOS SLR cameras (film and digital). Designed to take over when wide angle lenses run out of magnification the 75-300mm is an excellent companion to most EOS kit lenses. It's a lens most suited for outdoor photography. Zoomed to it's widest setting at the 75mm focal length it produces a 32°11' angle of view on a 35mm frame film and digital bodies. When zoomed all the way in to 300mm it produces a 8°15' angle of view. Used on APS-C digital bodies (like the Canon Digital Rebel series) you get even more effective magnification.
The Canon EF 75-300mm f/4-5.6 III is a popular first telephoto lens. It's a good choice for an affordable EF mount telephoto lens for outdoor travel, landscape, and portrait photography. The EF 75-300mm f/4-5.6 III is also available in a EF 75-300mm f/4-5.6 III USM version which is identical except for a faster auto focus motor better suited for photographing fast action such as sports and wildlife.
- Telephoto zoom lens for Canon EOS SLRS
- EF mount, works on digital and film SLR camera bodies
- Versatile zoom range for outdoor travel, landscape, and portrait photography
- High magnification
- Large working distance produces flattering perspective
- Narrow field of view aids selective framing of backgrounds
- DC autofocus motor
- Closest focus distance 1.5m(4.9ft)
- Compact and lightweight
- Uses 58mm filters
Available accessories include the Lens Hood ET-60, Lens Case LP1019 and 58mm filters.