The Canon EF 75-300mm f/4-5.6 III USM is a telephoto zoom lens for Canon EOS SLR cameras (film and digital). It's a lens well suited for outdoor photography. Zoomed to it's widest setting at the 75mm focal length it produces a 32°11' angle of view on 35mm frame film and digital bodies. When zoomed all the way in to 300mm it produces a 8°15' angle of view. Used on APS-C digital bodies (like the Canon Digital Rebel series) you get even more effective magnification.
The Canon EF 75-300mm f/4-5.6 III is a popular first telephoto lens. It's a good affordable choice for an EF mount telephoto lens for outdoor travel, landscape, sports, and even portrait photography. It's the lightest 4x telephoto zoom lens in its class too. The EF 75-300mm f/4-5.6 III USM is also available in a non-USM EF 75-300mm f/4-5.6 III version which is identical except for a slower auto focus motor.
- Telephoto zoom lens for Canon EOS SLRS
- EF mount, works on digital and film SLR camera bodies
- Versatile zoom range for outdoor travel, landscape, sports, and portrait photography
- High magnification
- Large working distance produces flattering perspective
- Narrow field of view aids selective framing of backgrounds
- USM (Ultrasonic Motor) for fast and quiet autofocus
- Closest focus distance 1.5m(4.9ft)
- Compact and lightweight
- Uses 58mm filters
Available accessories include the Lens Hood ET-60, Lens Case LP1019 and 58mm filters.