The Canon EOS 1Ds Mark II is a rugged professional grade DSLR with full 35mm frame CMOS sensor. Introduced in 2005, Canon designed the designed no expense spared 1DSII as a top of the line tool for commercial photographers and photojournalists seeking the best resolution available in a body built for demanding environments.
The 1Ds Mark II features numerous improvements over the landmark original 1Ds. Controls and capabilities advances notably include variable magnification playback zoom suitable for focus checking, E-TTL II Flash metering for more consistent Speedlite exposures, and Dual card slots allowing simultaneous SD Card and CF Card storage.
Users looking for similar construction and amenties with the addition of live view may also want to consider the Canon 1Ds Mark III.
- 16.7 megapixel 24x36mm CMOS sensor
- Full Frame 35mm format allows abundant truly wide angle options
- Canon EF lens mount
- Un-cropped viewfinder with large bright 100% coverage pentaprism
- 4992 x 3328 Max resolution
- DIGIC II image processor
- ISOs from 100 to 1600 (expandable to 50 and 3200)
- Continous shooting at up to 4fps (32 jpg or 11 Raw)
- Dedicated 45 Point AF system with 9 Cross-Type Points
- 21 zone evaluative metering
- E-TTL II flash metering with EX series flashes
- Multiple illuminated display panels for convey camera settings & status
- 2inch LCD Screen, image playback magnification
- CF (Compact Flash) and SD (Secure Digital) memory card slots
- Mini USB A (1.1) and Firewire Connectivity
- Hotshoe & flash sync socket
- 20 Custom Functions, 27 Personal Functions
- Microphone and speaker for voice memos
- N3 Connection for Canon remote controls
- Magnesium alloy body
- Weather sealing
- Integral Vertical Grip & controls
Available accessories include: DCK-E1 DC Coupler Kit, TC-80N3 Timer Remote, RS-80N3 Remote Control, extra NP-E3 Batteries, NC-E2 Battery Charger, Canon EX series Speedlites, Canon EF lenses.