Contax G2 Autofocus 35mm Rangefinder Camera Body, Chrome
The Contax G2 is an advanced autofocus rangefinder style 35mm film camera. It is compatable with award winning Contax G lenses which were all designed by Zeiss. The all metal chassis is clad almost entirely in Titanium alloy, a beautiful finish. Features include autofocus, manual focus via front selector dial and viewfinder range display, autowind including continous at 4 frames per second or 2fps, auto rewind, Apeture Priority autoexposure, exposure bracketing, autoexposure lock, self timer, TTL ambient light metering, TTL OTF flash metering with compatible flashes, PC Socket, Electronic Remote socket, and custom functions . Autofocus is fast thanks to the addition of an active IR (infrared) focusing component in addition to the passive AF sensors. The viewfinder adjusts magnification/framing to the focal length of the attached lens, this makes composing a shot a bit easier than other more conventional rangefinder viewfinders. The G2 is the only camera able to use the Contax 35-70mm G Zoom. It's a fast, professional grade camera with results that speak for themselves. It is a great compact camera that allows for breathtaking photos and is a conversation piece of it's own. The TLA200 flash is a popular accessory.
- Model: Contax G2
- Body Type: Electronic 35mm film (24x36mm) rangefinder camera.
- Material: titanium
- Viewfinder Frames: 37
- Compatible Lenses: Leica, Carl Zeiss T* lenses: 16mm, 21mm, 28mm, 35mm, 45mm, 90mm & 35-70mm
- Shutter Speeds: Auto: 16 sec. - 1/6000 sec. Manual: 4 sec. - 1/4000 sec. and bulb
- Flash Sync: PC terminal, Hot Shoe
- Film Advance: Motorized advance and rewind. Single, (CL) low 2 fps & (CH) high 4 fps
- Autofocus: A motor in the body focuses each lens via a mechanical screw
- Meter: lower center-weighted TTL
- Dimension: 5.5 x 3.2 x 1.8"
- Weight: 560 g
- Years Produced: 1996 - 2003
- Battery: Two CR2 3V Lithium
|Manufacturer Part Number