Accessories & Related Products
Mamiya 6 Medium Format Rangefinder Camera Body Description
The Mamiya 6 is a medium format rangefinder film camera that's notable for offering a system of high quality interchangeable lenses, extremely convenient form factor, built in metering, and native square format. The camera also features a unique space saving mechanism that allows part of the lens stage to retract/collapse into the body when not in use.
Medium format made easy! Producing stunning 6x6cm negatives and transparencies with the light, well made Mamiya 6 is a comfortable and sublime experience. The Mamiya 6's oversized viewfinder is coupled to a wide-base, parallax corrected rangefinder giving you a bright, uninterrupted view of your subject matter. Let Aperture Priority mode take care of some exposure work for you or choose Manual mode for complete control. The short-stroke advance, ergonomic handgrip, and whisper-silent leaf shutter lenses (which sync with flash at any speed) will further your shooting enjoyment.
The Mamiya 6 was originally introduced in 1989. The camera should not be confused with the similarly named line of 'Mamiya Six' cameras from the 1940's & 50's. In 1993 Mamiya introduced a sucessor, the Mamiya 6MF (Multi-Format) which added frame lines for 645 format and 24x54mm format on 35mm film via an optional adapter. Some square aspect ratio enthusiasts prefer the original for it's simpler viewfinder display. Photographers willing to carry a slightly larger camera in exchange for an even larger negative with more focal length options may also want to consider the Mamiya 7.
- 6x6 medium format rangefinder camera
- Interchangeable lenses with leaf-shutters (sold separately)
- Available lenses: 50mm wide-angle, 75mm normal, and 150mm tele
- Built-in dark-curtain allows mid roll lens change
- Large parallax corrected viewfinder/rangefinder
- LED viewfinder display
- Hotshoe and flash sync socket
- 3 strap mount points allow easy vertical or horizontal carrying
- Built-in light meter, Aperture priority & Manual exposure modes
- ±2 stops exposure compensation
- Threaded cable release socket
- Accepts 120 or 220 film
- Uses two MS76/SR44 (or equivalent) batteries
- Model: 6
- Body Type: 6x6 rangefinder camera with auto-exposure and interchangeable lenses
- Viewfinder Frames
- Compatible Lenses: 50mm, 75mm, 150mm
- Shutter Speeds: #00 Leaf Shutter in lens (electronic control), Bulb, 4 sec. - 1/500 sec., electromagnetic shutter release, 10 second delayed electronic self-timer (automatic reset).
- Flash Sync: X synchronization at all speeds, hot-shoe and PC socket for electronic flash connection
- Flash Connection Type:
- Film Advance:
- Motor Capable: Helicoid-type - manual rotating barrel
- Meter: Aperture-priority AE (automatic exposure), AEL (automatic exposure w/ exposure lock), and Manual. SPD sensor incorporated in finder. Metering range EV 3 (f/4, 2 sec.) - EV 18 (f/22, 1/500 sec.) with 80mm f/4 at ISO 100. Useable film speeds ISO 25 - 1600.
- Dimension: 159x112x66mm
- Weight: 1210g
- Years Produced: 1989-1999
- Battery: One 6V (4LR44, 4SR44, 544L Lithium) Battery
- Country of Origin: Japan
|Lens Mount||Mamiya 6|