Nikon 1 J5
The Nikon J5 is a compact yet capable mirrorless interchangeable lens camera with a 1" format BSI (Back Side Illuminated) sensor and the highest resolution of any Nikon 1 series camera ever made. The J5 is a really great little travel camera with a solidly useful feature set, very useable ergonomics, and well thought out controls. Even though it's a small handy take anywhere camera, the J5 packs big speed: the camera features a super responsive hybrid AF system that covers a very large area and allows continuous AF while shooting at up to 20 frames per second (at full resolution no less!).
Originally introduced in 2015, the J5 replaces the earlier Nikon 1 J4 from the prior year. Notable upgrades beyond extra pixels include: a screen that tilts 180 degrees up to make selfies and group portraits easier, a protruding grip with a textured surface so it's easier to hang on to, and expanded external controls that sophisticated operators want like dual control dials and a PASM mode dial.
- Versatile take anywhere Mirrorless Interchangeable Lens Camera
- Large 3-Inch tilting touchscreen
- 20.8 MP CX format BSI CMOS image sensor enables enhanced low-light capabilities
- Uses all Nikkor 1 CX Mount Lenses
- 20 fps continuous shooting with full autofocus lets you capture decisive moments
- Hybrid AF System with large focusing area focuses quickly
- 171 focus areas and 105 Phase-Detect AF points
- 180° Tilting Touch screen
- Dual Control dials
- External PASM exposure mode dial
- Programmable Function button
- ISOs from 160 to 12,800
- 1080p60 and 2160p15 video capture
- Compact yet handy with comfortable ergonomic grip
- SDXC Memory Card Slot
- Built-in Wi-Fi and NFC connectivity
- Weighs just 231g (8.2oz)
Available accessories include: Nikon CB-N2220SA Case, EN-EL24 batteries, MH-31 Charger, Nikkor 1 Lenses.
Note: As of July 2018 Nikon has discontinued production of the Nikon 1 system.