The Nikkor 200mm f/2G ED VR II AF-S is a high-end ultra large aperture telephoto lens for Nikon SLR cameras. It's Nikon's top-of-the-line 200mm, one of the most capable lenses made.
The 200mm f/2 VR II is one of the absolute best lenses for high resolution and high pixel density imaging sensors. It's both sharper and brighter than Nikon's 70-200mm and 180mm f/2.8 lens designs. The super bright f/2 maximum aperture allows use of autofocus and faster action freezing shutter speeds in lower lighting conditions without sacrificing needed magnification. Consequently, the 200mm f/2 enjoys a reputation as the pre-eminent lens for photographing available-light performances and action. Not just for theater use, the 200mm f/2 is one of the very best lenses for portraiture and court sports like Basket-Ball and Tennis.
Nikon introduced the 200mm f/2G ED VR II in 2010 as the replacement for the original 200mm f/2 VR. . This updated model includes a Nano Crystal coat and more responsive VR. If you shoot performances or want the sharpest 200mm you can find then this is the lens you've been looking for.
- Ultra-fast pro telephoto
- Equivalent to a 300mm when cropped to DX format
- Unbeatable for performances & portraits
- Ultra bright f/2 maximum aperture maximizes versatility
- Superior available light capabilities
- Produces extremely shallow depth of field with beautiful background blur
- Top of the line image quality
- Super ED Glass Element
- 3 Extra-low Dispersion (ED) Elements
- N (Nano Crystal Coat)
- SIC (Super Integrated Coating) multi layer anti-reflective coating
- Up to 4 stops of VR (Vibration Reduction) for sharper photos and steadier videos
- AF-S SWM (Silent Wave Motor) provides ultra fast and quiet focus
- IF (Internal Focus) design
- A/M and M/A Focus Modes allows full time manual focus override
- Convenient AF Function buttons on lens barrel
- Focus preset and recall controls
- Focus range limit switch
- Compatible with Nikon teleconverters
- Built-in rotating tripod mount
- Strap mounts
Available accessories include HK-31 Slip-on Lens Hood, CL-L1 Ballistic Nylon Semi-Soft Lens Case, 52mm filters, C-PL3L 52mm Slip-in Circular Polarizing Filter, Nikkor Teleconverters, caps.