The Nikkor 28-300mm f/3.5-5.6G ED VR AF-S is an all-in-one lens solution for Nikon FX-format (full 35mm frame) SLR cameras. Useable on both digital and late model model film bodies, the 28-300mm VR covers an extremely broad range of focal lengths from wide angle to telephoto. It's a high quality multi-purpose lens especially popular for travel & vacation photography.& With it's super zoom range the 28-300mm VR is perfect anytime you don't want to miss shots while changing lenses.
The 28-300mm VR produces good results throughout it's impressively broad range. Two ED (Extra Low Dispersion) glass elements help sharpness and color correction by effectively minimizing chromatic aberration, even at wide aperture settings. Three aspherical lens elements eliminate coma and other aberrations, even at wide apertures. Nikon's Super Integrated Coating (SIC) enhances light transmission and offers superior color consistency and reduced flare. The rounded 9-blade diaphragm renders captured images with natural-looking out-of-focus areas.
The 28-300mm VR uses an IF (Internal Focusing) design and features a close focusing distance of just 18 inches at all zoom settings for added macro versatility. The lens incorporates a Nikon AF-S SWM (Silent Wave Motor) for quiet and quick focusing. The M/A focus mode easily allows instant manual override when desired.
The integral VR (Vibration Reduction) II image stabilization system makes it possible for the photographer hand-hold the camera while shooting up to 4 shutter speed stops slower than otherwise possible. If you're traveling without a tripod you'll be glad you have VR.
The 28-300mm VR is Nikon's most versatile single lens solution for full frame FX shooters; it's one of the best Nikkor lenses for traveling light while being ready for anything.
- Versatile 10.7x zoom range FX-format lens for Nikon DSLRs
- Super broad broad focal length range is perfect for travel, landscapes, portraits and distant subjects
- DX-format D-SLR angle of view is equivalent to a focal length of 42-450mm in FX/35mm format
- Nikon VR II (Vibration Reduction) Image Stabilization enables handheld shooting up to 4 shutter speeds slower than otherwise possible
- 2 ED (Extra-low Dispersion) elements offer superior sharpness & color correction by effectively minimizing chromatic aberration
- 3 Aspherical Lens Elements Virtually eliminates coma and other aberrations, even at wide apertures
- Nikon SIC (Super Integrated Coating) enhances light transmission efficiency, offers superior color consistency, and reduces flare
- Rounded 9-Blade diaphragm renders more natural appearance of out-of-focus image areas
- AF-S SWM (Silent Wave Motor) provides fast and quiet autofocus
- Internal Focus (IF)
- Focus to 18 inches at any focal length
- M/A focus mode allows quick changes between manual and autofocus operation
- Zoom Lock Switch secures the lens barrel at its minimum focal length preventing the lens from extending during transport
Available accessories include: HB-50 reversible Bayonet Lens Hood, CL-1120 Soft Lens Case, 72mm filters and caps.