The AF-Nikkor 70-210mm f/4-5.6 a telephoto zoom lens for Nikon film cameras and full frame digital SLRs. The 70-210mm zoom range is practical for travel and people pictures. The high quality 12 element 9 group optical design delivers the great images that Nikkor optics are famous for. The lens has a "one touch" or "push-pull" zoom design that allows manual focus adjustments while zooming. With no motors to wear out, the lens also enjoys a good reputation for reliability
Originally introduced in 1987, the compact 70-210mm f/4-5.6 replaced the constant aperture Nikon 70-210mm f/4 AF. In 1993 Nikon introduced a nearly identical Nikon 70-210mm f/4-5.6 "D" type version with a higher focus gear ratio and a distance information chip for improved flash metering with compatible bodies.
- Compact telephoto zoom lens for Nikon F-Mount SLRs
- Full 35mm frame coverage (FX Format)
- One-touch push-pull zoom from short to medium telephoto
- Gear drive for Autofocus*
- Super Integrated Coating (SIC) prevents lens flare and ghosting
- Classic AF Nikkor construction and styling
- Excellent balance and handling
- Mechanical aperture control ring enables use on broadest possible range of cameras
Available accessories include the HN-24 lens hood to prevent lens glare and flare, and 62mm filters.
*Compatibility note: autofocus with this lens requires a camera with a built-in focus motor.