The AF-Nikkor 70-210mm f/4-5.6D a telephoto zoom lens for Nikon film cameras and full frame digital SLRs. The 70-210mm zoom range is practical for travel and people pictures. The high quality 12 element 9 group optical design delivers the great images that Nikkor optics are famous for. The lens has a "one touch" or "push-pull" zoom design that allows manual focus adjustments while zooming. With no motors to wear out, the lens also enjoys a good reputation for reliability
Introduced in 1993, the Nikkor 70-210mm f/4-5.6D is the replacement for the original Nikon 70-210mm f/4-5.6. This newer version has higher ratio focus gearing for increased autofocus speed and a "D type" distance information chip that transmits distance information to compatible bodies (N90 & later including digital) for improved flash metering and exposure.
- Compact telephoto zoom lens for Nikon F-Mount SLRs
- Full 35mm frame coverage (FX Format)
- One-touch push-pull zoom from short to medium telephoto
- Gear drive for Autofocus*
- Super Integrated Coating (SIC) prevents lens flare and ghosting
- Classic AF Nikkor construction and styling
- Excellent balance and handling
- Mechanical aperture control ring enables use on broadest possible range of cameras
- "D" chip transmits distance information to compatible bodies for improved flash metering and exposure
Available accessories include the HN-24 lens hood to prevent lens glare and flare, and 62mm filters.
*Compatibility note: autofocus with this lens requires a camera with a built-in focus motor.