Accessories & Related Products
Nikon TC-14E III (AF-I,AF-S) Teleconverter Description
The Nikon AF-S Teleconverter TC-14E III (Nikon USA part # 2219) is a high-end 1.4x magnification tele-extender optimized for and designed to exclusively fit select professional Nikkor lenses*. The pro grade TC-14E III is ideal for sports, wildlife, surveillance, perspective compression, and other photography applications where some extra magnification or range is desired from a lens with minimal loss of image quality and brightness.
The TC-14E III increases the focal length of compatible lenses by 40% and reduces brightness by only one f/stop; for example when attached to a 300mm f/2.8 lens, the TC-14E III transforms it into a 420mm f/4 equivalent. It's a convenient way to turn one lens into a second lens as needed. Teleconverters inherently add compromises to an optical system but Nikon's no-nonsense approach to design and compatibility makes for the best outcomes possible. The TC-14E III features an all new 7 element 4 group optical design with a larger front element and enhanced coatings to produce outstanding results with negligible loss of image quality. To maximize optical performance, the front optics of the TC-14E III prominently protrude past the lens mount and actually sit just inside the mount of compatible lenses. Consequently only select* large aperture telephotos with extra clearance in the lens mount area are physically compatible. Even though the TC-14E III uses a modified mount that prevents non compatible lenses form being connected, care should be taken not to damage lens elements when attempting to mount lenses.
Introduced in 2014, the TC-14E III is sucessor to the TC-E14 II which is still a great choice for owners of AF-I and some earlier AF-S telephotos (Pre-VR) which aren't compatible with the TC-14E III.
With it's outstanding glass and compact form factor the TC-14E III is an extremely useful companion to premium late model Nikkor teles. You may not use it for every shot but it's a super handy solution that keeps options open.
- Ultra high quality tele-converter for select* professional Nikkor telephoto lenses
- Enhanced 7 element in 4 group optics
- Fully multicoated optics minimize flare and ghosting
- Fluorine coatings on exterior optic surfaces repel dust and smudges
- 1.4x focal length for 40% more magnification
- Less cumbersome than carrying another large lens
- Reduces effective aperture by one f-stop
- Electronic connections for AF-S lenses
- Compatible with VR
- Weighs just 190g (6.7oz)
Available accessories include: BF-3B Front Cap (specially designed with clearance for front optics protruding beyond mount), LF-4 Rear Lens Cap, CL-0715 Soft Lens Case, CL-S1 Flexible Lens Pouch, CL-30S Hard Lens Case.
*Note: not compatible with most lenses. Not compatible with BF-1A Body Cap. Mounting requires lenses without rear element close to mount (otherwise damage can occur); extra lens mount flange on TC-14 E III only allows mounting to select Nikkor lenses. Autofocus requires AF-S motor in lens and Camera AF sensors sufficiently sensitivity to effective maximum aperture of converter/lens combination. Some older camera/lens combinations may not display adjusted/effective aperture values.Compatible lenses include:
- AF-S Micro-Nikkor 105mm f/2.8G IF ED VR (AF Not Possible)
- AF-S Nikkor 70-200mm f/4G ED VR
- AF-S Nikkor 70-200mm f/2.8G IF ED VR
- AF-S Nikkor 70-200mm f/2.8G ED VR II
- AF-S Nikkor 70-200mm f/2.8E FL ED VR
- AF-S Nikkor 200mm f/2G IF ED VR
- AF-S Nikkor 200mm f/2G ED VR II
- AF-S Nikkor 80-400mm f/4.5-5.6G ED VR (AF requires camera focus points having f/8 sensitivity)
- AF-S Nikkor 200-500mm f/5.6E ED VR (AF requires camera focus points having f/8 sensitivity)
- AF-S Nikkor 200-400mm f/4G IF ED VR
- AF-S Nikkor 200-400mm f/4G ED VR II
- AF-S Nikkor 300mm f/4E PF ED VR
- AF-S Nikkor 300mm f/2.8G ED VR
- AF-S Nikkor 300mm f/2.8G ED VR II
- AF-S Nikkor 400mm f/2.8G ED VR
- AF-S Nikkor 400mm f/2.8E FL ED VR
- AF-S Nikkor 500mm f/4G ED VR
- AF-S Nikkor 500mm f/4E FL ED VR
- AF-S Nikkor 600mm f/4G ED VR
- AF-S Nikkor 600mm f/4E FL ED VR
- AF-S Nikkor 800mm f/5.6E FL ED VR (AF requires camera focus points having f/8 sensitivity)
|Manufacturer Part Number||2219|
|Lens Mount||Nikon F Mount AF (pre-D), Nikon F Mount D Type, Nikon F Mount "G" Type, Nikon F "E" Electromagnetic Aperture|