The Nikkor 45mm F/2.8 D PC-E Micro ED is a state of the art professional manual focus perspective control lens with both tilt and shift capability designed for Nikon Digital SLRs. This perspective control lens features tilt, shift and rotation capability, perfect for architectural, nature and commercial photography. Wide shifting range, plus or minus 11.5mm, with a tilting range of plus or minus 8.5 degrees provides exceptional perspective control. The lens is designed and built to especially high optical standards, sharpness, overall image quality, and coverage are nothing short of superb. Normal lenses has always been popular for their ability to concentrate emphasis in a familiar way, but when you pair that classic angle of view up with more freedom to control perspective and the plane of focus you get a really nice image maker.
The 45mm F/2.8 D PC-E is a true Micro-Nikkor able to to focus down to .83ft delivering a 1:2 reproduction ratio (1/2 life-size) without any additional augmentation. It's Close Range Corrected to deliver outstanding sharpness at the when shooting at close-ups. Applications range from shooting architecture and interiors to close-up product photography and anything in between. It's a specialty lens but one with an extremely broad range of uses allowing Nikon shooters to take otherwise impossible shots. It's a lens for photographers who want the extra image control to truly craft the very best images imaginable. It may not be useable for every shot but you'll use it for every shot that you can.
Note: Although it is somewhat confusingly labeled as a 'D' Type lens and has an exterior aperture control ring, the lens uses an Electromagnetic Aperture which requires power from the camera to operate. Best compatibility is found with D3, D300 and later model Nikon cameras. Limited compatibility is available with earlier Nikon camera models but only if they are capable of powering lens motors (the F4, N90, N80 and later including the D2 and D200 Series). All other Nikon cameras are incompatible.
- Wide shifting and tilting range up to: ±11.5 mm shift and up to: ±8.5° tilt
- ±90° lens revolving capability for versatile tilt/shift effects
- Maximum reproduction ratio of 1:2
- One ED (Extra-low Dispersion) glass element for superior sharpness and color correction by effectively minimizing chromatic aberration
- Nano Crystal Coat virtually eliminates internal lens element reflections, effectively reducing ghosting and flare
- High-performance Nikon Super Integrated Coating delivers superior color reproduction while substantially reducing ghosting and flare
- Rounded 9-blade diaphragm for more natural appearance of out-of-focus image elements
- Lens aperture can be preset by using aperture ring and aperture stop-down button (requires compatible body)
- Auto aperture control with electromagnetic diaphragm is possible on fully compatible cameras
- Dust and moisture-resistant for reliable use even in harsh shooting situations
Available accessories include the HB-43 Bayonet Lens Hood, CL-1120 Flexible Lens Pouch, and 77mm filters.