Panasonic Lumix DMC-GX85 body
The Lumix DMC-GX85 is a compact and capable Micro Four Thirds format mirrorless digital camera by Panasonic. Not to be confused with the more bulbous SLR styled Lumix DMC-G85, the Lumix DMC-GX85 has a slimmer form factor with a clean flat top and lines inspired by rangefinder style cameras. Designed for photography enthusiasts, the GX85 is a a delightful image maker with novel tools that make excellent photography fun and easier than ever before.
The GX85 has a 16MP image sensor, that unlike previous models doesn't use an AA (Anti-Aliasing) optical low pass filter. By skipping the AA filter, additional fine detail is preserved for maximum sharpness. The new sensor also takes sharpness protection to a new dimension with 5-Axis Sensor Shift I.S. (Image Stabilization) which also works with any lens (including use in conjunction with Optically stabilized lenses in a Dual I.S. configuration).
Extra clarity extends to videography as well where the camera offers 4K resolution at 30 and 24 frames per second. The DMC-GX85's 4K power extends still photography too where 4K burst options can pull still images while recording 4K video at 30 fps in high resolution. The GX85 also offers a 8MP 4k 'Pre-Burst' photo mode that continuously buffers images and records 30 frames from the second before the shutter released is pressed and 30 frames from the second after the button is pressed; you'll never miss a moment again. There's also a Post Focus mode that makes selection of a focus bracketed burst a breeze on the large tilting touchscreen.
With a huge lineup from the Lumix G DSLM system, the Lumix GX85 is compatible with over 20 interchangeable Panasonic lenses. When used with Panasonic lenses, the GX85 employs Depth-From-Defocus (DFD) Auto Focus (AF) technology to quickly brings the subject into focus. The camera can process full resolution 16MP images with Continuous Auto Focus (AFC) at up to 6 frames per second (up to 10 fps without CAF). Panasonic also added Low Light Auto Focus (Starlight AF) to accurately focus at -4EV low light situations and beautifully capture the night sky.
The durable GX85 body features an intuitive dial for selecting shooting modes along with well laid out and re-configurable buttons for quick access to commonly used settings. The Panasonic Lumix DMC-GX85 also features brilliant viewing through the high resolution 2,760k-dot resolution tilting Live Viewfinder at 0.7x magnification or via the 3.0" 1040k-dot rear, tilting, touch-screen LCD monitor. The rear monitor's tilting design allows viewing from a wide range of high and low angles for added creativity and convenience. Using the touch control, focus simply by touching the subject on the screen.
Explore your imaginative side with Creative Control Modes: Expressive, Retro, Old Days, High Key, Low Key, Sepia, Monochrome, Dynamic Monochrome, Rough Monochrome, Silky Monochrome, Impressive Art, High Dynamic, Cross Process, Toy Effect, Toy Pop, Bleach Bypass, Miniature Effect, Soft Focus, Fantasy, Star Filter, One Point Color, and Sunshine.
Also available in black. The GX85 is marketed in Japan as the GX7 Mark II and internationally as the GX80.
- Compact rangefinder inspired mirrorless camera for enthusiasts
- Micro Four Thirds mount
- No AA low pass filter for increased detail
- 16MP (4592x3448) CMOS sensor
- 5-axis Sensor Shift I.S. (Image Stabilization)
- Dual I.S. system so camera & lens stabilizers can work together
- Supersonic wave filter dust reduction system
- 49 points contrast detection AF system
- Uses DFD (Depth From Defocus) for AutoFocus with Panasonic Lenses
- ISOs from 200-25,600 (expandable to ISO 100)
- Full resolution stills at up to 10fps (6fps with continuous focus)
- 2160p30/24 video capture (100Mbps)
- 4K photo (8MP) burst shooting at 30fps
- 4K photo Pre-Burst captures 60 images 1sec before & after shutter release
- Post-Focus burst mode: easily pick a focus bracketed shot
- 2.764 million-dot EVF (Electronic ViewFinder)
- Tilting touchscreen 3-inch 16x9 LCD monitor
- 1728-zone multi-pattern metering system
- Time lapse & stop motion animation modes
- HDMI (Micro Type-D), Micro USB 2.0 connections
- USB Mobile Charging Friendly
- SDXC card slot (UHS-I compatible)
- WiFi (802.11n) connectivity
- Built-in TTL Flash & hotshoe
- 1/160s flash sync speed
- 9 reprogrammable Fn (Function) buttons (4 physical, 5 on touchscreen)
- Weighs just 426g with card & battery
Available accessories include: Panasonic SAE0012AA AC Adapter (AC to USB), Panasonic DMW-FL580L Hybrid Light, Panasonic DMW-FL360L Hybrid Light, Panasonic DMW-FL200L Hybrid Light, DMW-BLG10 Batteries, Panasonic VFC5167 Shoulder Strap, Lumix Micro Four Thirds Lenses, other Micro Four Thirds Lenses.
G-Vario 12-32mm f/3.5-5.6 ASPH Mega OIS
The G-Vario 12-32mm f/3.5-5.6 ASPH Mega OIS is an ultra compact standard zoom lens for Panasonic Lumix (and other) Micro Four Thirds mount cameras. The G-Vario 12-32mm has a versatile range of magnifications and it's 'pancake' design keeps a low profile that makes it an ideal everyday companion to your camera and perfect for easy travel.
The 12-32 is designed as a general purpose lens zoom with a (35mm equivalent 24-62mm) zoom range that takes-in a fairly wide-angle field of view at it's shortest setting and zooms-in to the far side of 'normal' lens magnification on it's long end (where a separate telephoto lens can take over).
Except for it's nicely dampened mechanical zoom ring, the 12-32mm forgoes external controls in favor of space saving minimalism made possible by camera based controls. To help the optics fit in it's small package while keeping good image quality, half of the optical design is made up of special lens elements types (three aspherical lens elements and one Extra low Dispersion glass element). Even though it's a very light and easy to hand hold lens the fourth and fifth lens elements move to counteract shake induced blur as part of Panasonic's Mega O.I.S. optical image stabilization. The lens uses an internal focus arrangement coupled to a fast stepper motor for responsive AF (especially so when leveraging the DFD Depth From Defocus system Panasonic bodies offer).
Due to is balance of compact capabilities and affordability, the 12-32mm f/3.5-5.6 is a popular choice in a kit lens for entering the Lumix system. It's a great lens to always have ready on the camera.
Also available in silver
- Compact standard lens for Micro Four Thirds mount
- Mechanical zoom, retracting pancake design
- Zooms from 84° wide to 37° normal/short-tele (diagonal)
- Mega O.I.S. (Optical Image Stabilization)
- 3 Aspherical elements
- 1 ED (Extra-low Dispersion) element
- Internal Focus
- Responsive stepper motor
- DFD (Depth From Defocus) compatible
- 7 blade aperture diaphragm
- Close focuses to 0.2m (0.66ft) up to 20mm focal length, 0.30m (0.98ft) beyond
- Only 24mm (.94in) long retracted, weighs only 70g (2.47oz)
Available accessories include: VFC4605 rear cap, VYF3562 front cap, 37mm filters.