The HD Pentax-DA 645 28-45mm f/4.5 ED AW SR is an ultrawide angle zoom lens exclusively for digital Pentax 645 medium format cameras. It's a DA lens that is not backwards compatible to Pentax 645 film bodies. The 28-45mm has a 645AF2 lens mount and it's designed to cover the sensors of the Pentax 645D and 645Z (which are slightly smaller than a conventional 645 format film frame). With an image circle optimized for Pentax digital sensors, the 24-85mm provides truly short focal length options with the high sharpness for super-high-resolution medium-format digital SLR images.
The 17 elements 12 groups optical design incorporates 2 ED and 2 Aspherical elements along with HD and Aero Bright coatings to deliver the sort of beautiful clarity, contrast, and color that Pentax professional lenses are known for. The 9 bladed circular aperture helps produce smooth backgrounds while the Pentax SR (Shake Reduction helps get rid of unintended blur and loss of sharpness from camera movement.
Focusing is fast and responsive thanks to a DC AF Motor and the coupled Quick-Shift Focus System allows full time manual focus override. The lens focuses down to 1.32ft allowing the dramatic forced perspective that draws so many photographers to ultra-wides. The 28-45mm f/4.5 ED AW SR also features all-weather construction and a Super Protect smudge resistant coating makes the front element easy to keep clean.
The Pentax 28-45mm f/4.5 DA HD ED AW SR brings the utility and convenience of wide angle zooms to medium format; it's a proper pro tool that lets you expand (literally) your creative vision.
- Ultrawide-angle zoom
- 22-35.5mm (35mm equivalent)
- Exclusively for Pentax 645 Medium Format Digital SLRs
- 645AF2 Mount for 645D/645Z bodies
- Superb optical performance
- 17 elements in 12 groups
- 2 ED (Extra low Dispersion) elements
- 2 AL (Aspherical) elements
- HD and Aero Bright coatings
- 9 bladed circular aperture diaphragm
- Shake Reduction system for up to 3.5 stops equivalent image stabilization
- DC AutoFocus Motor for fast quiet AF
- Quick-Shift Focus System allows full time manual focus override
- Close focuses to .4m (1.32ft)
- AW (All Weather) dust and moisture resistant construction
- SP (Super Protect) oleophobic coating on front repels grease & smudges
- Uses 82mm filters
Available accessories include: PH-RBC82 Lens Hood, S120-210 Case, 82mm filters, caps.