The Sigma 50mm f/1.4 EX DG HSM Art (Sigma part # 311-101) is a high end prime normal lens for Canon EF-mount SLR cameras. The lens is a complete re-design from previous Sigma 50mm f/1.4 models; it's a member of Sigma's flagship Global Vision "Art" category. Global Vision Art lenses are premium optics that prioritize maximizing capabilities such as image quality and light gathering ability over conveniences such as compactness or zoom range so photographers can take artistic expression to the next level. To that end, the 50mm 1.4 EZ DG HSM Art uses an enormous amount of glass (for a 50mm) in it's Super Multi-Coated optical arrangement, including three SLD (Special Low Dispersion) elements and one Aspherical element. The lens produces outstanding results and enjoys a very bright f1.4 maximum aperture. Pros and enthusiasts with high standards and challenging environments take note.
The focusing system uses floating elements for superior optical performance at closer shooting distances and an internal focusing design for efficient driving by a strong HSM (Hyper Sonic Motor) for high speed yet quiet autofocus. The lens is also compatible with Sigma's USB dock and Optimization Pro software for adjusting and fine tuning focusing parameters to ensure the utmost accuracy possible.
50mm lenses and they're popular on a multiple formats for a multitude of reasons. Thanks to their popularity there are many 'pretty good' 50mm lenses. The Sigma 50mm f/1.4 EX DG HSM Art is a lens for photographers searching for something beyond 'pretty good', it's a lens made for those seeking 'really great' and don't mind carrying a larger heftier prime to take things to the next level.
- Sigma Global Vision Art ("A") Lens
- Full 35mm format frame coverage
- Canon EF-Mount/li>
- 80mm equivalent when cropped to APS-C format
- Highly corrected optical design
- Floating elements for consistent quality through focus range
- State of the art fully multi-coated optics designed for digital
- 1 Aspherical Elements
- 3 SLD (Special Low Dispersion) elements
- Ultra bright f/1.4 maximum aperture
- 9 bladed circular aperture
- Fast HSM (HyperSonic Motor) is responsive and quiet
- Efficient internal focus design aids focus speed
- Full-time manual focus override
- Large AF/MF switch
- Close focuses to 0.40m (15.7in)
Available accessories include: LH830-02 Lens Hood, 77mm filters, Sigma USB Dock.