The EOS 300D is for everyone, offering SLR excitement and quality, digital convenience and unlimited EOS system creativity. High performance is ensured with Canon's Digital Trinity - 6.3 MP CMOS sensor, DIGIC Image Processor, and compatibility with dozens of EF lenses and EOS system accessories. Novice photographers can quickly become expert with easy, enticing SLR functions like high-speed, 7-point wide area AF with superimposed focusing points, 3 AF modes, 12 shooting modes, automatic and enhanced exposure controls, highly adaptive white balance controls and intelligent pop-up flash with automatic red-eye reduction.
The Canon EOS 300D is an entry level digital SLR camera first introduced in 2003. The 300D is a landmark camera model with historic appeal to collectors. Canon's first sub-$1000 DSLR, the 300D opened up high quality digital photography to nearly anyone. As an affordable camera offering a relatively large sensor with nearly unlimited lens options the 300D continues to enjoy popularity with enthusiasts and students of photography. The 300D is also notable for being the first camera able to use Canon's EF-S (EF-Short backfocus) lenses (APS-C format optimized) thanks to the 300D's use of a mirror sized for APS-C instead of a 35mm frame.
The camera was also marketed as the EOS Digital Rebel in the Americas and EOS Kiss Digital in Japan. In 2004 Canon released a follow-up: the EOS 350D.
- Ground breaking affordable entry level DSLR
- Compatible with the full line of Canon EF and EF-S lenses
- 6 Megapixel CMOS Sensor (2048 x 3072 resolution)
- Phase Detection TTL Autofocus, 7 Points
- ISOs from 100 to 1600
- 12 shooting modes
- Automatic AF mode & Metering mode setting
- 2.5fps shooting for up to 4 shots
- Adobe RGB and SRGB color spaces
- 8 White balance modes
- ±3 level white balance bracketing
- Built-in pop-up flash, Hotshoe
- E-TTL (version I) flash metering, compatible with EX series Speedlights
- Uses CF (Compact Flash) memory cards< (Type I, II, Microdrive Compatible)
- CRW RAW and JPEG file formats
- 1.8 inch, 118,000 pixel TFT color display
- No liveview, 10X playback zoom
Available accessories include: Canon BG-E1 Battery Grip, BP-511 batteries, Canon Infrared Remotes, Canon RS-60E3 corded remotes