A modern day update to a versatile, compact and lightweight wide-angle lens, the EF 35mm f/2 IS USM is incredibly bright and offers image stabilization, superb image quality and construction perfect for use on any EOS digital camera. With a redesigned mechanical and optical structure, the EF 35mm f/2 IS USM features a GMo aspherical lens element for high image quality with improved performance in the periphery. It incorporates a rear focus system and ring-type USM for faster, more precise autofocus performance. Full-time manual focus enables manual focusing while in AF mode, a micro-stepping drive provides quieter operation and a low speed focus drive delivers optimal results for video shooting. Canon Optical Image Stabilizer system delivers the equivalent effect of 4 stops and can detect normal shooting or panning, and automatically switches to the optimal IS mode. Compact and lightweight, the EF 35mm f/2 IS USM has an 8-blade circular aperture diaphragm for soft backgrounds, a minimum focusing distance of 0.79 ft./0.24m, plus optimized lens coatings for minimized ghosting and flare.
- Moderatley wide-angle single focal length lens
- Full 35mm frame coverage
- Excellent sharpness and image quality
- Element placement and coatings produces exceptional color balance with minimal ghosting & flare
- GMo (Glass Molded) aspherical lens element
- Optical Image Stabilizer provides up to 4 shutter speed stops of correction
- IS detects normal shooting or panning, automatically switches to best image stabilization mode for each type of shooting
- Bright f/2 maximum aperture
- Aperture mechanism uses micro-stepping drive control for quieter operation
- Circular diaphragm (8 blades) delivers beautiful, soft backgrounds
- Ring USM low-speed drive for video shooting
- Rear focusing system and ring USM for fast autofocus
- Full-time manual focus override while in AF mode
- Minimum focusing distance of only 0.24m (0.79ft)
Available accessories include the Lens Hood EW-72, Lens Case LP1116, and 67mm filters.