The EF 400mm f/4 DO IS USM Lens from Canon utilizes multi-layer diffractive optical (DO) lens technology to correct chromatic aberrations, substantially reduce lens size and provide excellent overall telephoto image quality. This offers an alternative for sports, nature and wildlife photographers, giving exemplary results in a size previously unheard of for a lens of such a focal length and aperture.
In addition, Image Stabilization provides up to 2-stops of correction against camera shake for less blur when using slower shutter speeds. Furthermore, with two distinct stabilization modes are featured. Mode 1 is best used with still subjects while Mode 2 is optimized for panning with moving subjects. An ultrasonic autofocus motor (USM) enables fast, smooth and quiet AF action and the AF stop buttons allow you to temporarily pause autofocus. Also, to minimize autofocus time with specific subjects, a focusing range limiter function lets you set the distances at which the lens will focus and with manual focus override, you can apply precise manual focus at any time, even in AF mode.
With a barrel constructed of magnesium alloy, the lens is designed to be lightweight and durable and a tight seal structure ensures effective dust-proof and drip-proof performance. A detachable, rotating tripod collar provides a stable mount to tripods or monopods.
- Super telephoto for Canon EOS cameras
- Revolutionary multi-layer DO (Diffractive Optics) design saves weight while also cancelling abberations
- Unprecedented combination of lightness brightness and magnification
- Excellent sharpness and image quality
- Remarkably light at just 1940g (4.3lbs)
- Ideal for sports, wildlife photography, even outdoor portraits
- EF Lens Mount
- Full Frame 35mm coverage
- 6° 10' angle of view (diagonal full 35mm frame)
- Optical Image Stabilizer provides 2 shutter speed stops equivalent of correction
- 2 image stabilization modes (standard, panning)
- Close focuses to 3.5m (11.5ft)
- Fast USM (UltraSonic Motor) AF drive
- Full time manual focus override
- Focus Limit switch (8m-∞ & 3.5m-∞)
- Four AF function buttons on lens barrel
- Convenient rotating tripod collar is removable
- Strap attachment points for easy carrying
- Professional grade construction, magnesium alloy housing, dust and water-resistant design
- Uses Drop-in Filter holders
Available accessories include: Canon L Series EF tele-converters, Canon Lens Case 400B, ET-120 Lens Hood, E-145 Front Lens Cap, PL-C 52 Drop-in Polarizing Filter.